How do I remove online ccard payments, as I don't have a Merchant Portal to deactivate??

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How do I remove online ccard payments, as I don't have a Merchant Portal to deactivate??

***The steps below don't work for me, I never setup a merchant portal Help! 

Gail

You can remove Online Payments from a particular invoice via unticking the Online Payments option in the Enter Sales window before sending via email. 

If you are wishing to remove the Online Payments option from all invoices going forward, you would go to the Merchant Portal (Setup>>>Preferences>>Emailing>>Edit Payment Options) and click Deactivate Service. This will remove that online payments options (i.e. the Pay Now button) from newly created invoices now and previously paid invoices.

11 REPLIES 11
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: How do I remove online ccard payments, as I don't have a Merchant Portal to deactivate??

Hi @gailmorgan 

Thanks for your post.

If your customers are able to pay you online via credit card it is called Online invoice payments. You can see if you have this set up in: Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing.

You can remove your customer's option to make online invoice payments by deselecting the Online payments option when creating an invoice:

Alternatively you can turn off online payments for all of your customers. Deactivating online payments will remove the Pay now button from online invoices you have already sent, and any new invoices you send. (Note: You will not be able to deactivate one specific payment method.)

Read how to here: deactivating online invoice payments.

If this is not what you meant or it is not working for you, could you send me some screenshots of the payments you are unable to remove?

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How do I remove online ccard payments, as I don't have a Merchant Portal to deactivate??

Hi, I followed the steps and deactivated it. But when I go to do an invoice the creditcard selections are still there?

I know I can deselect them but I thought that it wouldn't be on there now?

Gail

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @gailmorgan 

I am sorry to hear this hasn't worked for you. I like to look into this for you.

Could you send me the following:

• A screenshot of the settings showing the service has been deactivated (Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing)
  • A screenshot of an invoice with the Pay now button still showing
  • The last 4 digits of your serial number and company file ID (Help>>About AccountRight)

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

File ID 2

Serial 9098

Gail

Screenshot 2021-08-19 141438.jpg
Screenshot 2021-08-19 141256.jpg
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @gailmorgan 

Thanks for the screenshots. I had a look for you and Online Invoice Payments in your file are indeed disabled. When you send invoices, your customers shouldn't see the options. You could test this by sending an invoice to yourself. 

We are aware that this option still appears when creating the invoice and the developers are investigating this.  

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks!

Frothy
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Yanike_S,

Just wondering if there is any update on this issue. We have the same problem and thought the additional payment options are disabled already. We have been through the user portal and no luck.

This is printing a second page on our invoices which are not required,.
This is confusing customers as we do not offer BPay or "Pay Now" electronic credit card payments.

A fix to this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Peter

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I sent myself two. One I deselected the ccard payment boxed and it was not on it when I checked my email.

The second one I left those ticked and It didn't show on that one either. So appears customer's don't see it now

Gail

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I was de-selecting the ccard pymt boxes on each invoice I entered and emailed and it didn't show on the invoice to customers. You could do that until you get it solved properly

Gail

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post