How to change Payment Terms for all customers with one click

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Justdoit1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to change Payment Terms for all customers with one click

We have recently changed Payement Terms and I have over 500 customers and this will take me hours to do individually! How do I change the Payment Terms of all invoices at once, rather than going into each Customer Card individually?

I just caled MYOB Helpdesk and was told you don't have this feature and I need to start a POST so that your developers can see what has the most upvotes!! I found a POST from January 2016, with more than 4 pages of people requesting this! However the Thread is now CLOSED!! So this is something that your Clients have been requesting for over 4 years! How many people does it take for MYOB to listen??  

You charge us so much money and have so many clients wanting this so I think this should be a priority please!

Come on MYOB Developers, just do it! Surely this can be done!!

6 REPLIES 6
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Re: How to change Payment Terms for all customers with one click

Hello @Justdoit1 

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with our phone based team did not result in more assistance on this matter, and I do apologise for the frustration caused by the lack of this feature.

When it comes to updating customer or supplier cards in bulk in AccountRight, this can be done through exporting the existing data, making the edits in bulk in Excel, and importing the amended file back into AccountRight. Our Help Article: Bulk update customer and supplier cards should assist you with this process, and the Help Article: Import and export fields provides more details on what fields are required for a successful import/export.

While not as straightforward as a few clicks in AccountRight, I do hope it provides you with a workable solution for the time being. In the meantime, I understand the desire to have this functionality in the software and I have passed on your feedback directly to the appropriate teams. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Justdoit1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Emily,

Thank you for the Link on how to Export. This shows how to export Item information and I'm having trouble working out how to Export Payment Terms. 

Is there a link which shows Step by Step, how to specifically Import Customer Payment Terms please?

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @Justdoit1 

My apologies, I did copy the incorrect link there. In this scenario you would be looking at Exporting customer or supplier details. More details on this process can be found in Bulk update customer and supplier cards. but in a nutshell, you'll be looking at File >> Import/Export assistant >> Export >> Cards >> Customer Cards >> and then you will see the following screen in which you can select the aspects you wish to pull for export. 

paymentterms.JPG

Then, the Help Article above on Import and export fields is one you'll want to refer to in order to see exactly how new information input in the Payment Terms field must be input. Imports can be finicky, so it is important to follow the instructions outlined there as to which numeric codes to use to indicate the new payment terms. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Justdoit1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you it worked, however I kept it as "Add the Import Data" instead of selecting "Update Existing Data"!!

Now I have duplicated cards for all my Customers! Oh no! I did a back up earlier today but don't know how to go back to that file. Please can you help?

Justdoit1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

All good! Lucky I did the backup beforehand, so I just restored the back up and then re-did the import with the next payment terms and ensured I selected "Update Existing Data' so as not to DUPLICATE each card.

Thanks for your help.

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @Justdoit1 

Apologies for not responding sooner, but I am glad I could be of help and that you were able to update the cards successfully in the end. Please don't hesitate to post again if you have other queries.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post