How to record a temporary customer debt?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
shau
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

64Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to record a temporary customer debt?

A customer debt arises sometimes when I agree to let them pay later and deliver the goods first.

Where is the option to record a customer debt against a Pay Bill which can be later converted to a payment of a bill?  Or would you just not record the payment until the customer actually makes it?

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How to record a temporary customer debt?

Hi @shau 

Thanks for your post.  Personally I wouldn't record a customer payment until I have the money as there's no way to track what is owing and if you report your BAS on a Cash basis you could be reporting amounts in the wrong quarters. 

By allowing your customers to pay after delivery of goods you are giving them a trading account. You would need to create a customer card with the Terms set to the time you have given them to pay, say 14 days. Then create a sale for their goods and when you get paid record that payment through Receive Payments. This way you can keep track of outstanding amounts.

Adding a customer 

Entering sales 

Receiving payments 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post