I have added an extra field on a current invoice but can not see it?

JamesWatts
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have added an extra field on a current invoice but can not see it?

I have amended an existing invoice - adding an extra field, in the totals column.

I have successfully added this field, unfortunately I can not make it active and when I create a new sale the field is not there. Could the old invoice be defaulted and perhaps not be picking up the new amended invoice? I can not see an option to have the new one viewed in "enter sales".

If there is a step I am missing please let me know.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
JamesWatts
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Extra field added to invoice, not visible!

I have amended an existing invoice - adding an extra field, in the totals column.

I have successfully added this field, unfortunately I can not make it active and when I create a new sale the field is not there. Could the old invoice be defaulted and perhaps not be picking up the new amended invoice? I can not see an option to have the new one viewed in "enter sales".

If there is a step I am missing please let me know.

Thanks

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Re: I have added an extra field on a current invoice but can not see it?

Hi @JamesWatts 

A user can set up a customise form for their invoices. This is a template for the way the invoice will be printed/emailed to the customer. Customising your form can be completed through Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices>>Choosing the desired layout and form>>Customise. Our Help Article: Personalising forms has more information on that process.

It should be noted that customising a form doesn't impact the Enter Sales window. This window is a set window based on the layout selected for that window (layout button top of the window). Customising a form will only impact how that invoice will appear when printed/emailed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JamesWatts
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.

However are there online instructions on how to personalise and impact the sales window? I would like to add  a "Discount" button having it appear in the sales window (below the freight field) where I can enter in my own figures.

Is this at all possible?

JamesWatts
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I need technical support to contact me ASAP!

I would appreciate a phonecall from technical support ASAP.

We have rang various times over the last few months regarding an issue we are having with adding a personalised field to our purchase orders.

This however seems to be an issue no one from MYOB can assist us with. After being on the phone for over an hour with technical support I was finally being transferred to someone who could assist me further and then I was cut off. After ringing back I was then put on hold for a further 60 mins where I then hung up as we need to keep our phonelines open for business and this has taken up nearly half of our day.

I am very disappointed with MYOB customer service and the fact no one has the decency to call back someone they've been speaking with for over an hour. You have our details you need to follow these issues up. It has become rather frustrating that we now can not go any further with this issue.

I would appreciate that someone get in contact with our business ASAP.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Hi @JamesWatts 

Sorry to hear that you have had that experience with our phone-based team. If you do have any enquiry you are welcome to post it on this Forum.

In terms of your enquiry, as mentioned the Enter Sales Invoice window is a set window and you are not able to change the layout or look of that window, such as adding a Discount button below the freight amount.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JamesWatts
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

Thank you for responding.

Can you explain to me why creating this field isn't possible when this is required for our business?

Our suppliers/customers need this amount broken down in the total amounts column.

I feel as though there would be many other businesses needing this field at some point?

We do not want to subtract the discount from our item line as we do not want the discount to affect the inventory sales figure.

Is the technical support team able to create his field for our business ?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Hi @JamesWatts 

AccountRight's windows are designed to be a set window for the application with limited customisation by the user. The Enter Sales (and Enter Purchase) windows are a little unique in the fact that a user can update the layout used for those transactions using the Layout button. However, those changes will update the table and some fields available on that window, users are not able to add customise fields to that window.

Changes to the fields i.e. adding an additional field to Windows, such as the Enter Sales window would need to be done by our Product development teams on a widespread scale. To my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to update that layout used for the Enter Sales/Purchases window to include additional fields.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post