I know how to backorder an "Item" Layout PO/Invoice but how do I backorder a "Service" layout Purchase Order when converting to an Invoice?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MichelleS3
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I know how to backorder an "Item" Layout PO/Invoice but how do I backorder a "Service" layout Purchase Order when converting to an Invoice?

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: I know how to backorder an "Item" Layout PO/Invoice but how do I backorder a "Service" layout Purchase Order when converting to an Invoice?

Hi @MichelleS3 

Thanks for your post. You can only backorder items that you have in your Inventory list and that have I Inventory This Item ticked. This is because you are tracking the quantity and values of those items.

When you try to record an item sale invoice for an item that you don't have enough stock on hand to fill the sale, the software will prompt you to build, buy or backorder the item. When you purchase items if not all are received you can enter the shortfall in the backorder column to automatically record a purchase order for the amount not supplied on the invoice.

The Service layout is used for services provided or non-item sales, for example, utility bills, accountants fees etc. As you're not recording the purchase of an inventory item there's no quantity received or backordered to enter. 

Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question or if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MichelleS3
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: I know how to backorder an "Item" Layout PO/Invoice but how do I backorder a "Service" layout Purchase Order when converting to an Invoice?

Thanks for the update. We use service layout and sometimes a supplier will supply one line of the order on one invoice and the second line on another invoice. How can we split the purchase order? Thanks 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @MichelleS3 

If you want to use the service layout when you click on Change to bill and the invoice opens you would need to manually remove the line not supplied. You would then need to enter a separate invoice for the second line. 

Your other option would be to use items, you can create service items. This help article, Creating items, has detailed information that may be useful.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

translite
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Can I ask, I am not using inventory, I know I have to create another PO for the backorders and then wait to receive another invoice but do you have any tips when creating the B/O

e.g would you change the PO Number to match the orginal PO Number ?

Would you put something in the supplier inv section awaiting the back order

just to help track 

could this then let me do a back order report through another report feature by selecting PO#/BO ??

Hopefully I made sense Smiley Happy

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @translite 

As there isn't a back order transaction you will need to run reports filtered by purchase order to view those orders. The information you enter to differentiate back orders from original purchase orders will depend on your business requirements. If you're not sure, I would recommend speaking to your accountant.

From an AccountRight perspective, entering something like BO00011 in the invoice number/purchase no field will allow you identify back orders when running those reports.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post