I need to Quarantine Incoming Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Auscoast100
5 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

I need to Quarantine Incoming Invoices

I would like to know if it is possible to quarantine an invoice that has been sent to us from a subbie that the boss needs to look into.  Occasionally we have subbies that might over claim and the boss would like to discuss it with them before it gets paid.  At the moment my system is to input all invoices as soon as they are emailed to me then print them out for the boss to approve. They then get paid on the due date, or not if there is a dispute ongoing.  A different department pays all invoices and I don't want to have to delete it out of MYOB while it's being looked into, but if I don't it gets paid on it's due date.  I would like to be able to leave the invoice in the system but be able to quarantine it so it can't accidently get paid before the boss approves it.  If it's deleted out of MYOB I think we could loose track of it.  Does anyone have a suggestion to help me with this problem or MYOB could you think about a way to quarantine these invoices.

2 REPLIES 2
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: I need to Quarantine Incoming Invoices

Hi @Auscoast100 

The way I see it, is that you are looking for some method that would temporarily separate selected bills from the rest, so they don't get paid easily when recording Pay Bills transactions. While there isn't a button within AccountRight to block certain bills from being paid, different businesses may consider different work flows that's suitable for their set up to ultimately achieve this result.

Here are some possible ways I can think of, hopefully provides some food for thought:

- Save transactions to PDF, delete the transactions for now, then record them back in when ready according to the PDFs.

- Open the bill -> Save as recurring, schedule Never -> delete the bill so it doesn't get paid -> Lists -> recurring transactions -> use recurring -> save the same transaction as a quote/order instead, then delete the recurring transaction. When paying bills, the status column will show whether it's an 'Open' bill, or an 'Order'. Convert the order to bill when approved.

- If you don't utilize the 'Supplier Inv No.' field in bills, you can enter notes in this field, then in Setup > Preferences to show supplier invoice number in supplier payments, the notes will appear as a guide

- Drill into the bills that's not to be paid yet, manually add another transaction line with a negative amount, changing the bill total to $0. By default these $0 closed bills will not appear when recording Pay Bills transactions, you can later look for all $0 closed bills in Purchase Register to update them when ready.

- Temporarily change the date of the selected bills, e.g. change the year to a specific number, say 2030. When pay bills you can sort the list by date, any 2030 bills should not be paid.

It would also be a good idea to discuss with your accountant/bookkeeper for the best way to handle these, while meeting any reporting requirements. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Auscoast100
5 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: I need to Quarantine Incoming Invoices

Thanks for looking into this for me CloverQ

I think I like the look of adding the negative amount so the invoice is at $0. That seems the easiest and most logical way to deal with situation.

Thanks again

Julie

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post