IMPORT data - job code

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

IMPORT data - job code

HI,

I import all my month-end journals, and for some unknown reason, MYOB will post the job codes on some of my journals and on other journals it will post imported journal with error and not code the job code. Yet my import files are identical in both instances.

There seems to be no logical answer for why it will post some import files correctly and then the next file incorrectly.

It causes umpteen headaches as there is also no answer on how to correct this error effectively. We are now spending days correcting errors from past periods.

8 REPLIES 8
Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Re: IMPORT data - job code

Hi @Sppokle 

Thank you for your post. 

Are you able to please upload the import error log so we can investigate the cause of error?

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

At the time the import error log gives a warning that it is not importing the job code. I have attached the original import file and then attached the import error log file.

I use the same file General for all my month-end journals and reversals, it only does this on some of my imports not all of my imports and yet all journals have the same layout.

SO for me, it is creating confusion as to why I then have to go back to amend all the journals to insert a job code

Kind Regards

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,861 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,861Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @Sppokle , I see that the job numbers in your text file have spaces on either side, maybe removing those will help. (The amounts do as well, so this may not be the cause of the error on jobs).

Also, the field order appears to affect the import results in recent AccountRight versions. I attach a sample file which imported successfully; if you match that layout it may import without error.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

HI

I use the same journal file to import all my journals for EOM but it is only about 3 /4 of those imports that it is creating an error log, this is what does not make sense. I have no issues with any of my other journals. 

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Sppokle 

Apologies for delay in getting back to you.

Generally this import warning is resolved by following suggestions given by @Mike_James . In regards to your question regarding why this is just happening with one import and not others, we will need to compare the two import files. If you have already done so and nothing seems odd, we will report this to the developers so that they can figure out the cause if this recurs in the future for you or anybody else. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal

Apologies for such a delay, month-end process comes around once a month and I still have the same problem

1st File - Is the Excel file for month-end on this particular Journal

2nd File - importlog - TEST.txt is showing that it would not import the General .TXT file 

3rd File  - General.TXT - I use this file to import all my journals - some imports work perfectly and others will not bring through the JOB CODE

Files 4 and 5 are some of the others that do not work 

Kind Regards

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sppokle 

I have tried to import all your files in my sample file and they have imported with the job numbers successfully, and if it's not importing the jobs occassionally for you, check the following:

1) Tick Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions under Setup>>Preferences>>System.

2) When you open the import file in Excel, the Job field cells should be formatted to General. This is an important step as if the cells for this column are formatted to Text or Number, the job will be ignored in the final import regardless of any other setting.

Let me know if you have further questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

I have now checked all my month-end files, I double-checked my setup for a Warning on Job Costs.

I will only be able to check this at the end of the month

Thank you for your assistance

Kind Regards

Sppokle

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post