IMPORTING DATA FROM 2 SEPARATE PROGRAMS

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
GCI
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

IMPORTING DATA FROM 2 SEPARATE PROGRAMS

We would like to be able to import data (sales & purchases) from two separate programs, - basically the programs are the very similar but we are running a smaller business within our main business and need to keep the entities separate, but we only want one set of figures from MYOB (we will use a job code or a category to separate for reports in MYOB) up until now we have just created separate GL codes but it isn't how we want it, and would like to implement this July 1 - I have used MYOB for many years but haven't come across this before - is it possible?

3 REPLIES 3
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Re: IMPORTING DATA FROM 2 SEPARATE PROGRAMS

@GCI 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

The new Essentials and browser based Account Right both use a new reopting suit that has the ability to combine reports from different files.

So you could run seperate file for each entity and combine reports into one.

At present only Early Adapters have the browser based Account Right but you can the Early Adopters Program.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
GCI
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for the reply, i may not have explained myself - we only need the one MYOB file, what we want to be able to do is to import  the sales and purchases from two separate programs into that file, we use a program called ITMS for quotes, sales and purchases and each day we transfer all of the data that has been entered into ITMS into our MYOB file, we have recently started another smaller business and we want to run that on a separate ITMS program but be able to import all of that data into the same MYOB file - we will use either JOB or CATEGORY to run separate reports on the smaller business, but everything needs to be in the company P&L and BALANCE SHEET.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @GCI 

From an MYOB point of view, data can be imported into an AccountRight company file through two methods:

• Manually by the user using the File>>Import/Export Data Assistant. This process allows the user to take a formatted text file and import that into AccountRight. Our Help Article: Importing data has more information on that process.
  • If you are using a third-party app, that particular app may allow integration with the AccountRight API. An API is the connection point between two product, in this case, AccountRight and the third-party product. I would recommend speaking with your third-party provider to see their software will integrate with AccountRight API. Should they require more information on the AccountRight API it can be found at on Developer Centre

From a company file point of view, data can come from multiple sources you would just need to ensure that you have the correct format for the manual import OR configure the third-party program to send to the correct AccountRight file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post