Experienced Cover User
Australia
RoebuckMS
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

IMPORTING

I am so frustrated.  I cannot import properly ever since I changed from the old MYOB (green) to Accountright.  Attached are my sales and payments import files.  I can import sales - no problems, however payments always gives me a timeout and can take anything up to 20 minutes to import.   And yes, I have before put in a timeout extender code, but now that doesn't even work.    Please can you test the payments import, and as I said it used to work fine for years, before I changed to Accountright.  FYI the sales card file is called "ALL SALES"

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
26,984 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

26984Posts

3131Kudos

3953Solutions

Re: IMPORTING

Hi @RoebuckMS

Just testing that import of sales and payments into my company file it did work as intended and took less than a minute to import that information. In saying that, it was a new company file.

As such, I would be interested to know:

• Based on the import file, you have the customer name " All Sales". Do you record all your sales to the one customer? If so, try creating a new customer and then record/update a sale to that customer before trying that import again  (of course to the new customer sale record).
  • You are also touching the same transaction with that import file, if you split the import file i.e. one transaction per file does the same thing still occur?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User RoebuckMS
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
RoebuckMS
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Ok, so I have tried to create a new All Sales card and import - same story.  Also previously I have attempted to import from offline restored accounts.  I have also tried different sizes of the import files.  I have also had everyone logged out and been the only active user at the time.  I have tried all sorts of ways, all producing the same result.  Payment import takes forever and does time out and skips.  I have also had our IT guys, exclude MYOB from firewalls etc as has been suggested on the website.

This is this mornings result after I did as you suggested - creating a new All Sales card.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
26,984 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

26984Posts

3131Kudos

3953Solutions

Hi @RoebuckMS

Looking into that import log you have provided it does appear that the system is timing itself out when importing those Receive Payments. We are aware that the Receive Payments window/importing data for that window can cause a few timeout and other errors.  While I don't have a solution for you today, work is currently underway to review those timeouts in this and other parts of the program. We expect clients to see the result of those development improvements with the next update of the program (AccountRight 2019.1), which is due out later this quarter.

So, unfortunately, I don't have a short term fix for you, however, long term we should have something more solid in the product for you. 

If you are still finding that occurring after installing the AccountRight 2019.1 update do let us know we would be happy to look into it further for you.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post