Import CSV File Data

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Paul_Russell
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import CSV File Data

Import customer cards - identifiers

It appears that recent AccountRight Updates have broken part of the programming used to import CSV Files!

I have been using TransPost to create customer cards, create invoices and mark them as paid etc instead of the very manual and individual process however, in the last couple of weeks AccountRight no longer accepts multiple Identifiers on the Card Import.

We have a customer database of over 1,000 members and categorise them using identifiers and with many falling into sub-sets, we need multiple identifiers on many records.

I have already confirmed with "TransPost" that the CSV file mapping is correct and can provide the TransPost error log files if needed.

Until recently, it was importing the multiple identifiers from the CSV files but now it returns the following error:

21/06/2021 4:10 PM, "Customer Card Import 21 Jun 2021.csv (2)", "Error", "D'Silva", "AccountRight rejected.AccountRight message: IdentifierValueMustBeSingleCharacterAtoZ: 30000 - Identifier Value should be single character from A-Z", "Log", ""

The issue lies in the import not the customer card because we can still manually add multiple identifiers to cards.

Imports - other issues

While on this topic of CSV imports, there are two other areas of this that fail to work as expected/needed:

1. Receipt Memo: - when importing to create cards, data in this field is simply not imported regardless that it is correctly mapped
  2. Customer Since Date: - I understand from past Posts on this Forum that MYOB has not made this field 'mapable' so it is not currently even exported from MYOB. It would assist maintenance of our customer database to have this field included in the CSV export/import process.

Would you please investigate and hopefully, correct the programming so that AccountRight recognises and imports the complete data set for these procedures.

Regards

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Import CSV File Data

Hi @Paul_Russell 

I have just replicated this in our sample files and import is working as expected for both Identifiers and Receipt memo fields. I've attached a sample import file here, therefore format your file according to that and let us know if you are still experiencing issues. 

In regards to the Customer Since field in the card history, this is not a field that can be included in the Import/Export Assistant at this stage.  However, you could look at using the Card List window to include that field, use that copy function to paste that information into Excel before combining that information with your other export from the Import and Export Assistant. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Paul_Russell
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks Komal - I will review your file today.

Quick query on a recent topic we had wth Scheduled Transactions: I created a brand new transaction last week and that is now duplicating the entry! What have I missed?

Regards

Paul

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Paul_Russell 

It can happen if two Administrators have logged in from different machines and posted the transaction at the same time. Please ensure that is not the case and send me the screenshot of that transaction's schedule by Private Message if it happens next time too.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Paul_Russell
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Hello Komal

I have started the mapping afresh in TransPost using your CSV extract and now the Identifiers field is importing however, the Receipt Memo still does not work as per the attached!?!

Import Receipt Memo Field CSV File.jpg
Import Receipt Memo Field MYOB.jpg
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Paul_Russell 

Do you mind attaching the sample file here after removing the sensitive information so I can test if I get the same problem? I'm able to import the Receipt Memo field without any issues. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Paul_Russell
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

I have attached the sample file as requested.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Paul_Russell 

It has managed to import the Receipt Memo field on the backup file that you had uploaded for testing the recurring transactions issue. I suspect the problem on your end is due to interference from third party softwares, I would recommend turning them off and then trying again. Alternatively, if your file is online, take a backup copy offline and check if the field is then updated as expected.

As far as your import file is concerned, the data formatting is correct and should work without any problems. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Paul_Russell
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks Komal but what do you mean by 'interference from third party softwares"?

How do I identify this/those?

Also, are you using TransPost to import into MYOB?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Paul_Russell 

Generally, its interference from antivirus, or any backup programs and disabling them temporarily might help, but I'm not using Transpost for import. I've just imported your csv file as it is using File>>Import/Export Assistant. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post