Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import/Export Assistant issue under 2020.1

Since our team upgrade MYOB to 2020.1, the function of Import/Export Assistant has experienced a fatal issue.

After all the steps are done, when I click the "Next", it poped out this window saying: Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close. We're really sorry. Errors like this are usually one-offs. but if you keep having problems, check for a solution.

After I have contacted 3 different staff at MYOB IT Support, I have tried: Windows updates all installed to date; exclude MYOB from antivirus software; tried to do when checked out (work offline). The function of Import/Export Assistan is not even available when offline, yet this was the suggestion from one of the MYOB staff.

I need import large files serveral times each time. Those files are so large that they are impossible to manually enter into MYOB. 

Has anyone experienced this under version 2020.1.

I have attached the "error details" log report.

Many thanks!!

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
73 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

73Posts

35Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Import/Export Assistant issue under 2020.1

Hi @Chante 

We have been contacted by a client that is also experiencing issues with importing orders from an external source.

The source files are the same format as has been for many years. We have eve tried changing the file to use v19 and v20xx formats, but both fail and crash the system.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Hi

thank you for your reply and sharing the information. I am still on the phone right now waiting for the support from MYOB. Hope I will get some useful info to share this time. 

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chante,

I have tried all the above mentioned. But, still experience the problem. Also, with the huge files, its impossible to enter details manually.

Do you have any update from MYOB?

Thanks

D

Highlighted
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I also have this issue. 

Import files that worked fine prior to 2020.1 now fail.

There is no information about changes to this in release notes.

I cant export to test as that crashes.

Very frustrating

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I have called myob too about this with no help. I also have a thread on here requesting assistance for exact same issue. They need fix this urgently it's a huge impact on businesses using this facility!

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi everyone, 

I just spent 2 hours and a half on the phone with MYOB support Judy, who was excellent, and helped me with this issue.

I am not sure what format you guys use to import into MYOB, I use excel (CSV). 

Firstly, you need insert a blank line on top of your excel file, and enter {} into the first cell.( see the pic)

Secondly, any columns that are blank in this file need to be removed before importing.

Then, when you come to the step of "Match Fields", ONLY tick the fields that need to be showed in your invoice or so. The fields you ticked, need to have values on every cells.

In this way, my Importing is working. I do not use Export function though.

This support staff named Judy Ann was really good at her expertise. Big thank you to her as I have contacted at least 3 times with different support staff who seems don't quite understand the situation here.

I hope this can also give you some help.

Capture-exel CVS format sample.PNG
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chante

My many thanks for your post - I have been struggling with this very issue since Monday and even called MYOB on Tuesday ; was on hold for so long that I gave up

I did exactly what you had suggested and it worked 😊

My many thanks to the MYOB staff member Judy Ann for her assistance

All the best

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
73 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

73Posts

35Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Chante 

Thanks for sharing, as it seems to be beyond MYOB's abilities to provide sufficient support to their paying customers, let alone perform some quality control with their software development.

Now MYOB need to fix this, as the steps provided are really only a temporary work-around for most people.

Highlighted
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Great if you are using excel.

If you have processes outside myob producing import files, then you are going to have to reprogram the lot.

because MYOB has placed into the production environment an undocumented change with no notice.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post