Import/Export Assistant issue under 2020.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
stevejp
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Import/Export Assistant issue under 2020.1

Hi @NoelEgroup 

I am using 2020.1 and despite all the suggestions, I am still having to do manual journals. Fortunately I don't have 2000 lines but even so it still takes a lot more time than I am happy to take...especially when this worked fine before the upgrade. Hopefully they are working on a fix, but that doesn't help us in the meantime.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,370 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,370Posts

2,351Kudos

470Solutions

Hi @stevejp 

If you haven't already tried this, export 2 of the journals you have manually entered. Study the export file. When things are working properly, the export file is a good template for your import file.

Regards

Gavin

leibholdqpbc
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I assume you are not able to change the output from the pay program to suit but I have shown how putting it into excel and modifying the columns can work.

As suggested, export a good manual entry using only the required fields and any others you have from the pay program.

Open that in excel.

take your file from the pay program into excel as well and change the headings etc to match.

Save and import -

someone
Experienced Cover User
86 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

86Posts

36Kudos

1Solutions

@NoelEgroup wrote:

Thank you for the pointing these problems out.

I was just about to update to 2020.1.

Does anyone know if these import problems have been fixed by MYOB?

We have Timesheet import that are about 1500-2000 lines each week and I do not want to have any problems with these import.

Thank you in advance.

Noel

@NoelEgroupthere is another post in which MYOB have confirmed one of the issues to be around the situation where you map one field from the source data to two different fields in the destination, e.g. transdata in source field is being mapped to orderdate as well as shipdate in the destination (these are not actual field names, just examples), then the import fails.

If this is what you are doing then the options or workarounds are:

• have your provider of the source data duplicate the field with a different name/heading, or
  • open the ASCII file in Excel and duplicate the data by adding as an extra column with a different name and then use this as the source data by mapping each field to a separate destination field

Neither of these are ideal, but it's the only way to deal with the incompetence of the MYOB developers and QA process

DarylK
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Same issue here

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
4,894 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,894Posts

2,214Kudos

641Solutions

Hi everyone,  just to add to all the comments, there are 3 matching field options, company name, CardiD or Record ID. Whichever one you choose, make sure you unmatch the other two,  this will reduce the chance of import errors.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post