Import/Export Assistant issue under 2020.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
4,529 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,529Posts

432Kudos

690Solutions

Re: Import/Export Assistant issue under 2020.1

Hi @boundtoimpress,  @leibholdqpbc , @someone , @Chante , @gavin12345 

We have received a few reports on getting  Invalid Amount Error -25 on the first line of import while attempting to import in v2020.1. Some clients who have encountered this situation have manged to resolve this by removing the dollar symbol from all values in the amount field prior to import. Having said that, we have escalated this matter to the product development team for further investigation.

As far as other import issues are concerned, they are currently under investigation and we will post an update as soon as we have additional information.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

leibholdqpbc
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

The addition of the {} at the start of the file changes the import fields

Example

without {}

Invoice #

with

Invoice No.

Appears to be a way of changing between old format and new

stevejp
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I have created a new post in relation to this because this fix did not work with me. I still have the same issue when trying to import a General Journal.

lknox
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chante

We have just upgraded to MYOB 2020 and I am having great difficulty uploading a service sales invoice.  We have always used the CSV format and our invoices can sometimes be more than 2 pages long.  We are a service industry.  We don't include date and invoice no. as we leave this to be created once the upload is complet.  I have tried to follow your format with similar field headings to those you have used in row 2 and also put the brackets in row 1 as you advise but I keep getting an error message saying "Error -1019: Date is not valid for this transaction". What format do you choose for the data within your able is text format or general, and is the amount format in Currency or Accounting - I see you don't have a dollar sign.  Any help sincerely appreciated.  Sitting on hold waiting to speak to a consultant.

Chante
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Iknox

The format I have always been using is CSV, the amount format is General. 

Maybe have a try to enter valid date under "Date" if you need include this column in your invoices.

Sorry that is all I know. Please keep trying to contact the MYOB  support staff, some of them are indeed helpful.

All the best.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,343 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,343Posts

2,343Kudos

468Solutions

Hi @lknox 

The most common solution to any import issue is to first manually enter atleast 2 transactions of the type you want to import, so in your case 2 Service Sales invoices - these should be as similar to what you want to import as possible. Next Export those 2 invoices. 

Study the exported file - your import file should mirror as much as possible the export file created by MYOB.

As a rule MYOB advise against including any formatting in the import file. $ signs are not required and can interfere in some cases.

I am a little curious about your comment that you have always imported Service sales invoices without a Date.  Was this with AR2019 before your upgrade to AR2020? While you can leave Promised or Shipping Date out, my understanding is that a Transaction Date is a required field. MYOB needs to know what period (month) is to be affected by this transaction. Leaving a date blank may cause an error.

Regards

Gavin

lknox
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin, will give your suggestion a try - we have been using a really old version of MYOB Account Right and have been using the invoice upload function without a transaction all the time - thanks for the tip on the formatting too.  Will have a try to uplod 2 invoices manually and export as suggested.  Will the export be in CSV format or in TXT?

lknox
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Just posted an invoice manually and then did an export in TXT and converted to CSV.  Looks like the account number format should exclude the dash ie our revenue account is 4-1805 but the export shows it as 41805.  Onwards and upwards and thanks for the help again.

lknox
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin

Just letting you know that I have now been successful with an invoice upload into MYOB using a CSV file.  I created a template after exporting a manually created invoice from MYOB.  A date is critical to the upload being successful as you suggested.  I did not change any formatting everything left in general format.  So relieved and many thanks for your support and expertise.

Regards

Linda 

NoelEgroup
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the pointing these problems out.

I was just about to update to 2020.1.

Does anyone know if these import problems have been fixed by MYOB?

We have Timesheet import that are about 1500-2000 lines each week and I do not want to have any problems with these import.

Thank you in advance.

Noel

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post