Import Item Sales quoting GST Inclusive figures - as per AR Standard V19

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User Lifespace
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Import Item Sales quoting GST Inclusive figures - as per AR Standard V19

Hi,

Is it really right that there is a considerable loss of functionality in AccountLive because we are no longer able to import an item sale by only quoting the GST inclusive price (as sold on websites in Australia). ie omitting a GST exclusive price.

Support advises we must list the GST exclusive price on our import file. There is no longer a column for the GST inclusive price to be listed.

We have been importing using the GST inclusive price (and no GST exclusive price) in AR Standard V19 for years. Much easier for internet businesses - exporting data from their website, where price is quoted as inclusive.

A labour intensive workaround spreadsheet can create 1c rounding issues at times.

Any chance this functionality will return soon? (Or it's more big bucks for web developers to amend export csv - which may still create rounding issues and possibly risk errors importing?)

Some prompt good news will be most welcome. Regards, Nicole.

3 REPLIES 3
Lifespace
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Import Item Sales quoting GST Inclusive figures - as per AR Standard V19

Hi Nicole here again.

We're now pushing ahead with a new website platform... but still have this same problem with the new one. Any chance it's fixed yet? Or won't it be?  It would save lots of time and cost incurred in developing the work around again.

If it is fixed, in which version (as we've avoided 2014 version so far due to non functionality on one Windows XP machine.)

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,265 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,265Posts

4,283Kudos

0Solutions

Status changed to: Under consideration

Hi @Lifespace Thank you for your feedback in the AccountRight programs. There has been a change to the way AccountRight 2014 does import data. I would encourage other users that would like to see this idea implemented in future releases of the program to vote and comment if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,265 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,265Posts

4,283Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Import Item Sales quoting GST Inclusive figures - as per AR Standard V19

Hi @Lifespace 

The normal process for an Idea posted on Ideas Exchange would go through a few stages. We would mark the post as "Under Consideration" and encourage users to vote and comment for this idea.  (Which I seen hasn't been done with your Idea so I have done that for you today). If the idea does generate a number of votes and comments we mark it has high demand meaning we will investigate and attempt to implement that idea ahead of other ideas with lesser demand.

As of 25/05/2014 the idea exchange have had 51 ideas implemented from it and some of the ideas have been marked as Planned.

As to a timeframe, we can't give an exact one for the ideas posted on the Ideas Exchange as we do need to assess each idea and the demand for that usage before implementing it into the product road map. As a general rule its going to be months as oppose to weeks though however it does depend on demand of the idea.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post