Import - Receive Payments - Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains no matching element

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AlanF
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

33Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import - Receive Payments - Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains no matching element

Hi All,

I am having trouble importing a receive payments file.

I am getting:

Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains no matching element

I have attached the log file, and the import file.

I suspect it relates to the leading zero, followed by the comma, in the log file.

However, I cannot see that 'field' in the import file, no matter what I open that import file with - it appears to start with the 'Deposit Account No.' field.

Since you cannot export a 'Receive Payment' file, I created the import file from the sample provided here:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Import+and+export+fields#expand-Receivepayments

For the avoidance of doubt, I have confirmed the existence of a customer with an invoice 27126 against which there is an outstanding balance greater than $10,000.00, and the customer Card ID is 999446.  Account 1-1180 exists and is used all the time manually.  Changing the invoice number in the import file to be 27126 vs 00027126 makes no difference, nor does changing the amount being received to be payment in full or part-payment.

We are running MYOB AccountRight 2019.4 (I can't update to 2020.1 at this point without getting into the office, which I cannot do under current lockdown restrictions, but I am doubting this import was failing under 2019.4)

Any suggestions gladly received.

Thanks,

Alan.

8 REPLIES 8
AlanF
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

33Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Import - Receive Payments - Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains no matching element

{Bump}

:-)

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Import - Receive Payments - Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains no matching element

Hi @AlanF 

When you import this file, could you please also attach the screenshot of Match fields window from the Import/Export Assistant so we can figure out how the import fields are matched against the fields in the software. Also, is the import failing for all the receive payment transactions or only some of them. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AlanF
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

33Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal_S,

I have attached a screenshot of the 'match fields' screen - it all looks okay to me, but perhaps I am missing something?

The import is failing for the single transaction that I posted above (see the attached import file, and associated log file) - I didn't see any point in trying to do a full batch until I can get one working at least.  This is the first time I have tried importing 'received payments'.

Thanks for your assistance - very much appreciated!

Alan.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @AlanF 

Upon investigation, it has been found out that " " in the memo are causing the import to fail. If you remove these symbols, the import should work fine. However, please ensure that you choose Add the import data in the import export assistant and backup your file to avoid the risk of importing duplicates. This is because choosing Reject the import data would also give "Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains no matching element":

receivepayments.PNG

I have attached sample import file for your reference. Please let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AlanF
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

33Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Komal_S,

Definite progress!

Using the template you attached, I can now import a single transactions to that test account.

I have now tried creating a batch, using that template, but it now fails with a new error:

Error -136: The card attached to the invoice is not the same as the card attached to the payment.

I have attached the logfile and import file to this message.

To check whether the invoice and CardID match, in MYOB AccountRight, I went:

Sales - Sales Register

Enter '31031' (without the quotes) into the search box, and the invoice pops up.

I then opened the invoice, and clicked the blue arrow beside the customer name

The customer card opened, and I can confirm the CardID is '307521' (without the quotes)

I checked that there was nothing else in the CardID (leading or trailing spaces for example), but that field definitely only contains those six numerics.

To be absolutely certain, I did an export of all customer cards, and checked the CardID of that customer, and it is exactly those six numeric characters.

I also did a seach in case two customers have the same ID, but there is no other incidence of 307521 in the customer card export file.

This occurs on the very first import line.  Now, that could be a spectacular coincidence, so I deleted that line from the import file, and tried again.  This time it errored on the (new) first line item.

I have also run a sales report, to check that the invoice number 31031 is not duplicated, and can confirm that even if I export from 1 Jan 2011 to 30 Apr 2020, that invoice only appears once.

The error message appears to be at odds with the evidence :-)

Where do I go from here?

Thanks,

Alan.

AlanF
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

33Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Komal_S - Do you have any thoughts on what to look at or try next?

Thanks,

Alan.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @AlanF 

I needed some time to find out the reason for why it was happening and it appers that you're getting this error because there needs to be a blank line between two lines of separate invoices for the import to work. I have attached a template so you can try importing it again on your end. Please note that the template I have attached is separated by tabs, instead of commas. 

Please let me know if you still get the same error. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AlanF
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

33Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Komal_S ,

Brilliant - that works perfectly!

Thank you so much :-)

You might want to get the page I referenced up top updated to reflect all of this - there seems very little likelihood that anyone would be able to get 'receive payments' working on their own, especially considering the template file is so different from the one you have supplied that does work.

Alan.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post