Import Sale data GST incorrect

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Stephanie-OHP
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Import Sale data GST incorrect

When we import our invoices, AccountRight is automatically changing the GST amount that was invoiced.  How do we stop AccountRight from updating the GST amounts on imported invoices? 

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,457 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,457Posts

2,257Kudos

538Solutions

Re: Import Sale data GST incorrect

@Stephanie-OHP

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Normally MYOB take the Account Tax Code from the Chart of Accounts, so the first thing to check is that the Chart of Accounts has the correct Tax Codes allocated to all accounts.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Stephanie-OHP
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Graeme,

I've check the income account and the tax code is GST.  Our invoices have both GST and GST free items which the amount is combined in the data file.    eg Invoice $100 plus $10 GST, $10 GST Free.  The Data file will then say Amount $110, $10 GST.  When imported into AccountRight the GST is changed to $11.00. 

The software provider thinks there is a way to confige AccountRight to stop overwriting the GST amount.

Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,457 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,457Posts

2,257Kudos

538Solutions

@Stephanie-OHP

Your problem is simple.

You can only have one Tax Code per account.

You should have two different account numbers one for Sales with GST and one for Sales GST FRE.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Stephanie-OHP
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

If I enter a Invoice in MYOB it still allows me to enter Multiple tax codes for the 1 income account.  Why don't they allow importing invoices to do the same?  So do I need to go back to the other software provider to get them to seperate the GST and GST Free components when exporting invoice data? 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post