Import Sales from CSV - MYOB AccountRight 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JDRF
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import Sales from CSV - MYOB AccountRight 2020

Hi, I'm trying to import sales item data into MYOB Accountright 2020.2 using the import wizard using the attached CSV. From the CSV one record is always imported successfully (BAYRANGE GROUP) but the others always return error - 190 Customer not found. I have confirmed that the Co./Last Name is an exact match.

The issue seems to be with the white spaces in the Co./Last Name which prevents the search working correctly even when exact match. To test I have copied the Co./Last Name directly from the customer card & pasted into the search box and MYOB still can't find the record - see attached "AccountRight Search Result" jpg. If the myob search function can't find it's own records I can't see how the import can work? But also I can't explain why "BAYRANGE GROUP" always works? It has white space and there are other records in the cards with the word "Group". Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Import Sales from CSV - MYOB AccountRight 2020

Hi @JDRF , if you tick the "Show inactive cards" option, then search, do you find the card?

Also, as a general rulle, if you are importing based on company name, untick the record ID and card ID options on the import mapping screen, if they are in your file. And if you get an import error, close the wizard before re-trying anything, as errors can carry forward.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

JDRF
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Mike_James , Thanks for your comments, unfortunately checking the Inactive Cards box made no difference and the Import Wizard screen only allows you to select one matching method as it uses a pulldown menu - see attached images. I have tried completely closing out of MYOB and importing again, I've also tried with different CSV, nothing has made any difference, I'm at a complete loss???

Search Result with ticked checkbox.jpg
Import screen.jpg
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @JDRF , I meant on the next screen where you map the fields in your file to the fields in AccountRight. If all 3 fields are included in your text file, and you use automatch, then untick the other two options.

Are you able to attach an extract of the text file that you want to import, with examples of both types of records (that fail and succeed)?

(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

JDRF
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike, Great work thank you, unmatching Record ID & Card ID on the field match screen did the trick. I then also removed those columns from my csv and was able to use the import wizard with automatch and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @JDRF , I'm pleased to know that the import works correctly for you now. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post