Import error -25

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import error -25

having trouble importing sales into myob 2015.3 comes up with Error -25: Invalid amount cant work it out please help

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

638Kudos

1,225Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Import error -25

Hi @mark69

Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Error -25 Invalid Amount happens when AccountRight detects one or more amounts in the transaction does not balance the equation. Looking at your import file, there are a few factors causing this error.

To start off, to import into AccountRight v201x, the first line of the import file needs to be {} only, so it can be treated as a v201x import. Once the format is corrected, you will notice the Available Fields list changes when matching fields.

In your import file you have a column 'Total' which is the Tax exclusive total, and the column 'Inc-Tax Total'. Tax exclusive total is not required for 2015.3 import, the available field 'Total' when importing in 2015.3 is asking for tax inclusive total. You would have been matching fields incorrectly due to the incorrect import file format, throwing the calculations out of balance.

Another cause of the Invalid Amount error is caused by the total amount does not equal to quantity x Price. For example the first transaction line in your import file, unit price is $2.50, quantity is 1 but the total amount is $2.49. Please go through all transactions to make sure all calculations are correct.

To make it easier this time, I've attached an adjusted sample file below, which you can use as a template. I've fixed the format and updated the column headers, the current 'Tax exlusive total' column does not need to be matched when importing. 

Your import log also shows another error 'Duplicate invoice number', please double check to make sure if you intend to use duplicated invoice numbers. In the future if you run into similar issue again, the best way to check is manually record the most complicated transaction you wish to import in AccountRight, export the transaction from AccountRight using the same format, open in Excel for comparison. 

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

hi clover

yes it did fix most of the problem just have to fix the import file to add up properly

regards mark

MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

638Kudos

1,225Solutions

You are most welcome @mark69

Glad to hear the sample file was able to fix most of the issues, and once the calculations are corrected you could import the transactions fine then. 

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post on the forum at any time.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post