Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Importimg Quotes into a new company file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Gerey
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Gerey
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importimg Quotes into a new company file

Hi

I have to set up a new company file with the previous employee cards, supplier cards, customer cards and existing quotes moved across. All going well until i try and import quotes into new company file.  I had a feeling there was going to be an issue when I was able to select quotes to export, however there was not the option of selecting quotes to import - when i was working on the new file. It would appear that if i have the option of exporting quotes there should be the option of importing them but despite reading a lot of the problems and answers on here i have not yet seem it explained how. The import report states:0 records imported without errors, 316 records skipped (this is all the quotes in the current financial year period being used)  recoreds imported with warnings.  Error -81 Tax account linked account is missing.

I read this as there is no tax account linked - however as they are quotes only i cannot see what tax account could possibly be linked.

I have issues with the clumsy  way MYOB  deals with quotes (or does not deal with them). I am hoping this is not another example of a glitch. Be very greatful if someone can assist.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Liam_M
1,796 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Liam_M
MYOB Moderator

3488Posts

1326Kudos

529Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Importimg Quotes into a new company file

Hi @Gerey

You can import sales into your new AccountRight file, including quotes. The error you've received indicates that there is a problem with the general setup of your file that will be prevent transactions being imported against certain accounts. To resolve this problem go to lists menu and click tax codes. Here go through each tax code listed, and make sure that they have accounts listed for both tax collected and tax paid. It's likely one or more tax codes don't have linked accounts selected. It's likely to be a tax code with a rate of 0%, but check all tax codes.

If the issue occurs after checking all tax codes, then check that all accounts used in the import have a tax code selected. To do this go to the accounts command centre and click accounts list. Open each account used on the import and click the details tab. If no tax code is linked, select one here. This should resolve the problem. Let us know how you go.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User Gerey
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Gerey
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks very much  Liam. Sorting the tax codes worked. - thankfully. Do you know if i am limited to only importing quotes from the current financial year or, as they are never considered a closed invoice anyway, can i import from last twelve months?

If you know the answer off the top of your head, it would save some time :-P

Thanks

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7081Posts

496Kudos

1122Solutions

Hi @Gerey,

In AccountRight you won't be able to record, edit or delete transactions dated in a closed financial year, I'm afraid this applies to importing as well. You can find out the current financial year of your company file via Setup > Company Information, you can import transactions dated in the current financial year showing, and later. 

If you are using the new AccountRight (v2015), you would have the option to roll back one financial year, which would then allows you to enter additional transactions dated in the previous closed year.

Feel free to post again if you have more queries. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post