MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Importing Item Sales MYOB AR Premier 2017.2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Partner LoveYourBooks
22 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
LoveYourBooks
Experienced Partner

22Posts

44Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Item Sales MYOB AR Premier 2017.2

Hi, I've got a MYOB Premier 2017.2 file from which I exported all item sales for a particular date (in current period).

I've now set a new Premier file, imported all the precursor information such as suppliers, customers, items, tax codes, account codes.

When I do the Item Sales import - first attempt skipped all records with a location ID error. I found a help file which suggested unmatching the location ID field.

I did the import again and it created a sales invoice for each line item rather than an invoice with multiple lines. So for eg. it created 5 invoices with the identical invoice number, one each for each of the items in the sales invoice on the other system.

Thanks in advance for any advice on how I can succesfully import Item Sales.

Louise 

29,954 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29954Posts

3689Kudos

4393Solutions

Re: Importing Item Sales MYOB AR Premier 2017.2

Hi @LoveYourBooks

Great to hear that you have removed the locationID field from matching to prevent an incorrect location message from getting generated.

In terms of the lines, when you import information in AccountRight 2017 a blank line needs to separate the transactions: For example, if your import file looks like:

First line

Second line

The first line will be one transaction and the second line will be a separate transaction. If they are to be the one transaction that blank line needs to be removed i.e.

First line
Second line

I would recommend reviewing your import file ensuring that there are no blank lines between the transactional lines which will force it to generate multiple sales.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Partner LoveYourBooks
22 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
LoveYourBooks
Experienced Partner

22Posts

44Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Importing Item Sales MYOB AR Premier 2017.2

Thanks Steven

I had a brilliant support call with a guy called Andre. He identified that it was the Record ID that was throwing it out. Once we unmatched that it worked.

or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post