Importing Item Sales Pricing error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Graham1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Item Sales Pricing error

We have a very large volume of Item sales so I am trying to test out importing a CSV file of the data. The data imported fine, however the Pricing did not show on the invoice. I did not import the pricing, it is already set in MYOB in the Inventory Section - Set Item Prices. 

When we manually enter an Invoice, the Set Pricing appears on the Invoice automatically. 

Can someone help me figure this out please?

6 REPLIES 6
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Importing Item Sales Pricing error

Hi @Graham1 

When importing sales, we do recommend including as many fields as possible, including the price for each line. If this information is not included, then AccountRight will assume a zero value for that line. This in turn can cause importing errors around the total of the invoice being imported.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Graham1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil, Thanks for the response, but is this the only solution? We have different pricing for different clients and about 60 item categories on each line item, over 200 invoices a wekk - this would mean a huge amount of data entry prior to import.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @Graham1 

You would need to have the information within the import file prior to importing that file, so that the information can be brought into AccountRight. Currently there’s no way that I am aware of to circumvent having the information within the import file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @Graham1 , are you preparing the CSV file in Excel initially? Given that all the pricing is held in MYOB, then you could use lookup tables, one being an export of your customer cards (to give you the pricing level) and the other an export of your items (to give you the prices). Your invoice worksheet could refer to those to complete the price information. The lookup tables would need to be refreshed occasionally to include changes.

I'd recommend using the card record ID and item ID for any lookups, the results will be more accurate.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Graham1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The CSV file is imported directly from an intergrated system that is under development for us, which is picking up the data directly from our rostering system. But, we can export the data to excel initially and then convert to a CSV.

Thanks for this suggestion..I will pass it on to our developers as a workaround.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Graham1 , in that case ask your developers to extract and use the customers and items data from MYOB when preparing the invoice in the new system. That will be far more effective than manipulating CSVs.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post