MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Importing Item sales--0 records imported without errors

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Outdoor
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Outdoor
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Item sales--0 records imported without errors

I am trying to export and import item sales to new MYOB file. I got 0 records imported without errors and 24 records skipped.Please see attached files.ThanksSmiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,269 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29269Posts

3501Kudos

4303Solutions

Re: Importing Item sales--0 records imported without errors

Hi @Outdoor

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge. If you do have enquires don't hesitate to post them so the MYOB Community can assist.

Looking into the error log file (i.e. MYOBLOG file) that have uploaded it appears that you have 3 errors within the import information.

Error -10:  Invalid date.

Error -11:  Transactions dated before the beginning of your financial year may not be imported.

Error -190:  Customer not found. Sale invoice not imported

When you imported the data I assume you went to File>>Import Data>>Sales>>Item Sales. What did you have selected as the "First Record is"?
Looking at the import file it looks like you have selected that to be Data Record rather than Header Record. This has added first line of the import file "Co./Last Name     First Name   Addr 1 - Line 1  ....." as data. So basically it has thought that the line was data in which you wanted to enter rather than the headings of the columns. I would be selecting the Header record in the box marked "First Record is". This is going to get around the first error as its reading the word "Date" as the date you are trying to import therefore it is invalid.

You also have the error "Transactions dated before the beginning of your financial year may not be imported."  The date of the earliest transaction in your import file is showing as 24/01/2014, you will need to make sure that the date of the financial year is before this date. The current financial year can be checked via Setup>>Company Information>>Financial year. Please note that this is the year that financial year ends for example 2015 would be 01/07/2014  - 30/06/2015 financial year. You would need to make sure that the transactions dated in the import file are date on or after the start of the financial year.

Finally the last error is "Customer not found. Sale invoice not imported". This means that the Customer's card is not setup in the file and would need to be done before the import. To setup a card go to Card File>>Cards Lists>>Customer>>New. The customers that need to be added from the import are "Manboom Signage Partnership Pty Ltd". "Scentre Design & Construction Pty Ltd", "Be Digital International Pty Ltd", "Ultimate Sign Installations P/L", "Magic Door Industries Pty Ltd", "Mitsubishi Electric Australia Pty Ltd" and "A W Edwards Pty Limited"

For more information into errors logs and how to check them please see Support Note: Importing and exporting - troubleshooting

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Outdoor
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Outdoor
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, I have imported customers cards and then imported Sale Invoice. However, I still got "Error -190:  Customer not found. Sale invoice not imported", I really do not know what's wrong with this. Can you please help me? ThanksSmiley Happy

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,269 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29269Posts

3501Kudos

4303Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Outdoor

When you are importing the cards are you selecting to Match All fields and then selecting to import? If so when you select to Match All, scroll through the list of matched fields and unmatch the Card ID and Record ID fields. To unmatch the fields select the field name in the far right hand column. Once completed the Import Data window will look like this:

Attachments - Copy.PNG

By doing this it doesn't import that information. As Record ID is the record that is uses in the database, by importing that record it may not correspond the Record ID in the new file.

Please note that this assumes that the cards can be found in Card File>>Cards Lists>>Customers and also that you are not identifying customers by Card ID or Record ID (which is very rare).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Outdoor
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Outdoor
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven. I got it Smiley Happy

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,269 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29269Posts

3501Kudos

4303Solutions

Hi @Outdoor

That is fantastic to hear. If you do need any further enquiry don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post