MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Importing Item sales

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
PBS26
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
PBS26
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Item sales

Hi

Having trouble importing from our leasing software.  We have just upgraded to AccountRight 2016 from AccountRight Premier V19.11.

Getting Error -14 Invalid Account Number, should we be using a different format?

Thanks in advance for any help!

PBS26

5 REPLIES 5
Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User

2847Posts

1408Kudos

480Solutions

Re: Importing Item sales

Hi @PBS26

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

The 'Error -14 Invalid Account Number' message could be because you have 3 blank columns existing within your import file or other elements.  I've noted that you use a CSV formatted import file and because you have only supplied the import log we have no idea whether you have field headers within that file.

Can you please attach the import file in your reply?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

PBS26
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
PBS26
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tony

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this what you are after?

Thanks

PBS26

2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User

2847Posts

1408Kudos

480Solutions

Thanks @PBS26

Leave it with me and I'll shortly reply.

Best Regards

2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User

2847Posts

1408Kudos

480Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @PBS26

I've always had issues using CSV import files because if you open them in Excel they will inevitably go on to cause problems when imported.  However, it is not my personal preference and with that in mind I've changed the import file to a TAB delimited text file, named it MKY IND 19.05.2016 test.txt and it is attached to this message along with 2 import logs, importlog 1.txt and importlog 2.txt.

Notes

1. During the process of converting your import file MKY IND 19.05.2016.CSV to MKY IND 19.05.2016 test.txt
    • I learnt that it was a Service Sales import file and not an Item Sales import file
    • Added Card ID field for testing purposes and renamed your CO/Last Name field to Journal Memo.
      • You can remove that column that Card ID field and its values and replace the Journal Memo field heading with CO/Last Name.
      • Do your alterations in Excel by opening MKY IND 19.05.2016 test.txt as a text file
        • When you reach Excel Text Import Wizard - Step 3 of 3 make sure the Column data format for all columns in the file is set as Text otherwise there will be issues
    • Changed the invoice # field values to be eight characters in length; this meant left padding the existing value with zeroes eg: 804 became 00000804.
      • That was done because all invoice numbers held in AR2016 are eight characters in length
      • Leaving the 3 character numbers as they were could allow duplicates (eg: 804 and 00000804 are recognised by AR2016 as not being identical)
  2. Had to create the 4-9100 and 4-9150 Accounts in my test company file
  3. Backed up my company file, as always, before I import.
  4. My first import attempt failed as indicated in importlog 1.txt when it only imported 2 of the 7 service sales
    • This happened because it imported only those 2 invoices that had 4-9100 account entries
    • 4-9150 account was created about a minute after 4-9100 after was created and before I imported the file
    • 'Error -15: Account number not found in list of postable accounts.' regularly occurs during imports involving account numbers.
      • When it happens make sure you close the 'Import/Export Assistant'; don't try importing again unless you have already closed the 'Import/Export Assistant' then reopened it.
  5. My second import attempt was successful as indicated in importlog 2.txt.

If this is a regular occurrence then I suggest your leasing software be used in conjunction with a great and economical MYOB Add-On called TransPost.  Julia Roberts @eJulia from TransPost Support on (03) 9889 3817 will assist you.  Their website is at http://www.transpost.com.au

If you have any further questions then please respond; thank you.

Best Regards

PBS26
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
PBS26
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions