MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Importing Receive Payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
GraceLi
2 Posts
Cover User
GraceLi
Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Receive Payments

Hi,

I have the following issue regarding importing receive payments and wondering if someone could help Smiley Happy 

• Our customers usually do not pay the full amount. So invoices are paid in instalments. When I import the instalments, MYOB does not allowed multiple payments against one invoice. Is there any other solution?

Here is the error message I got:

Error -148: The same invoice cannot receive multiple applications within one payment.

I have also enclosed example I imported. 

Thank you.

Grace

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User

2847Posts

1408Kudos

480Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Importing Receive Payments

Hi @GraceLi

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

1. Always back up your company file before attempting to import into it
  2. Always ensure that Invoice No. field values are always eight characters in length, left padded with zeroes as indicated in the attached Receive Payments April 2016.txt file
  3. Always select 'Add the import data' because the Import/Export Assistant will create Credit Memos if it is a duplicate or overpayment.  In the event that causes chaos you can always restore your company file.
  4. Always close the Import/Export Assistant in the event of an error do not click the 'Import More Data' button otherwise you will end up with the same error; Always re-open the Import/Export Assistant in that event.
  5. Refrain from selecting 'Reject the import data' because:-
    • It requires the ID No. field to be populated for all records within the import file
    • There is no index on that column within the database so it will take a very long time to import as a full table scan needs to be done for each ID No. value encountered to meet the 'Reject the import data' requirement
    • I've been advised that index issue has been reported to the development team for rectification.
  6. Receive Payments import does allow multiple payments against one invoice
    • The problem with your "import file" is that there is no line spacing after each payment transaction.
  7. Also the following would also prevent a successful import:-
    • Invoice # is only 4 characters, it must be 8 characters in width; eg: 5837 should appear as 00005837
    • Amount Applied is a negative amount and not the required positive amount
    • Post dated transactions may be rejected, eg: 8/12/2016

If you have any further questions the please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

GraceLi
2 Posts
Cover User
GraceLi
Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Importing Receive Payments

Thank you @TonyLane.