Importing Sale data into Myob

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User PS-Audi
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Sale data into Myob

Hi,

I normally import over 500 invoices every fortnight, and I don't have any problem importing with V19.10 Premier.

Now we decide to use AR 2014, and try to import same file but I can't import at all. So I tried to solve this problem with MYOB support and Live chat but they couldn't help me. Finally MYOB support suggested go to Community.

We are using for issue the invoices from operating software, export to excel CSV format and saving to text file for import to MYOB. And it was easy and quick work for several hundreds of invoices importing - only need less than two minutes. But Live was really slow when I import them.

At the first time error message was Invalid account number.- At the importing text file account number shown 4.41 but MYOB wanted 4-4100, so I have changed.

But it gave the second error Invalid tax amount, MYOB advise exact amount- even 0.001 cents - so I manully changed exact 10% of GST amount.

Next error was Invalid customer name, in this case I can't do anything because all customers name were exactly same with importing file's

So they gave up, and I can't use MYOB Live. But I know AR is really user friendly and much convenience than V19.

I have attached sample of importing file which is accepted by V19, not accepted to AR at all.

Please let me now if anyone can help me.

Many Thanks.

Ruth

14 REPLIES 14
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,376Posts

537Kudos

1,151Solutions

Re: Importing Sale data into Myob

Thank you for your enquiry @PS-Audi 

First of all I would strongly suggest you changing your user name to something other than your serial number for security reasons. To do so please go to 'My Settings' from top right corner > click on the link 'Screen Name' > log in again and change your user name please. 

As of the import AccountRight v19 and v2015 does require slightly different formats, v2015 also verifies a lot more information where v19 doesn't. For example, v2015 import is identified by having {} in the first line of the import file, otherwise it would be treated as a v19 import. 

Capture.PNG

The best way to find out the format and information required for importing in AccountRight would be export existing transactions from v2015. Please record 1 or 2 sample invoices manually in AccountRight and export them. Please then open the exported file in Excel to observe the format, or use it as a template. 

Please do let us know how you go. If the issue persists please attach the import error log as well as the import file, we are happy to assist further.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Thank you for your advice for changing user name, I have changed it now.

And follwoing your advice, I exported existing invoice from MYOB Live and changed company name, date and some descriptions at excel, and save as text file. Next I import to MYOB again, but nothing imported.

I don't understand the reason, anyway I have attached file and log memo here. Please help me to find and solve this problem.

Regards,

Ruth

Highlighted
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry, didn't attached log note. Thanks.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,376Posts

537Kudos

1,151Solutions

Thank you for the update and the error log @PS-Audi 

This time it's a different error message, it is pointing to currently there isn't a linked account set for Freight. It can be set via Setup > Linked Accounts > Sales Linked Accounts > I charge freight on sales > choose an income account for Freight. 

I would also suggest check and complete the setup of all applicable Sales and Purchases linked accounts. The new AccountRight checks more fields than v19 when importing to make sure everything is in place.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have linked account for freight at Setup, and import again, but I got the attached log again. Thanks.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,376Posts

537Kudos

1,151Solutions

Hi there @PS-Audi 

As the import log shows this time all 5 recorded were imported successfully, out of the 5 imported records 4 were imported with warnings. 

Warnings are minor discrepancies occurred during the import, they are not significant enough to stop the import. The import log will provide more details of the warnings as well as the transactions affected, please use this as a guide to fine tuning the transactions after import. 

In the last import log you've attached:

Warning 114: there was a salesperson filled in two of the transactions however AccountRight couldn't find matching employee cards, therefore the salesperson information was left blank during the import.

Warning 169: No tax code filled in for the 'Freight tax code' field, therefore the system auto filled it with the default tax code during import.

Warning 461: The 'Amount Paid' field cannot be a negative amount, therefore it was removed during the import. If it's a credit note, please go to Sales Register > Returns & Credits > Issue refund to close off the transaction instead.

Hope this helps. It would take some time to setup the ultimate format for importing into the new AccountRight, with the help of the import log. You may consider making a copy of your company file and use it as a test file for imports, and it's always a good idea to backup the file before an import session.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted Partner eJulia
137 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

137Posts

74Kudos

4Solutions

The problem is that, unless you want to match columns every time, you have to have every possible column for an import and the required column order is not only different between v19 and AR Live but also between Standard, Plus and Premier because the extra fields in Plus and Premier pop up in the middle.

If you use TransPost, you only need the columns you have data for and the column order does not matter. You match up the fields once when you set it up and then you only import the fields that you really need and the same mapping works for all versions of AccountRight. Also, when a sale is rejected, the data is popped into an Unprocessed Data file so you can fix it up and resubmit.

Regards

Julia Roberts
Cadro Pty Ltd

Email: support@transpost.com.au

Web: http://www.transpost.com.au

20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Julia,

Thank you for your advice. Now I am waiting for importing format from my other software support team.

I hope they will make the export & import format for me with this week. I will try again with new form and let you know about the result. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Ruth

20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Now I can import part of invoices, which are less than $1,000 amount of invoices only.

I am not sure why, the error message is -25 - Invalid amount.

Can you please advise me what was wrong? Thanks.

Regards,

Ruth

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post