Importing Sale data into Myob

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User WRenehan
4 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
WRenehan
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Sale data into Myob

Hi

I wanted to correct 96 invoices already in MYOB. I had used the copy function in recurring transactions but the invoice I copied had an incorrect due date due to wrong term, COD instead of due in x days, which I hadn't picked up. I thought I could do this correction through exporting the data - make the correction in excel and then import the data as I had done with cards. During the import function it asked if the data already existed did I want to add or reject. saw no other option other than add so assumed it included update. The import duplicated my invoices. I checked an invoice and could see what I thought was an update - must have checked one I had already updated through MYOB and resent the invoices. Unfortunately now the families have received three emails with the invoices and no update. Is there a way to do a mass update? In future after importing I will do more extensive testing and run reports to check the data

Wendy

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4118Kudos

4597Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Importing Sale data into Myob

Hi @WRenehan

As you have mentioned when you do import data you do need to make sure that you have the Duplicate records field set accordingly. Depending on what you are import will depend on the options available, the common options are to Add the import data or Reject the import data or Update existing data. Please note as mentioned it does depend on the data type you are importing.

Currently for invoices you are only able to Add or Reject duplicate data. AccountRight doesn't allow for duplicate invoices records to the updated during an import process. You would need to update the invoices manually.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post