Importing Serivce Sales into 2015.3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User dannyd
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Serivce Sales into 2015.3

So i've been importing service sales into MYOB for 12 years now so I am not new to it.

Recently we moved from V19 to 2015.3 and now my serivce sale import templates no longer work.

I have exported service sales from MYOB so that I can get an up to date template, but even using this new template and pasting my data on to it, i am still getting "Error -14: Invalid account number"

I also spoke to "technical support" who e-mailed me a new template (which was exactly the same as the one I had exported), which also did not import. Technical support suggested that I ensure that any cells containing currency are set to a currency cell type, which I have done.

So please find attached my service sales data file ( i have only included 2 lines of data, the original file has 154 lines), also details of the error from the importlog.txt file.

Any help in identifying the error in the data file would be greaty appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

2,847Posts

1,409Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Importing Serivce Sales into 2015.3

Hi @dannyd

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

I did manage to successfully import a modified version of the your test import file consisting of 2 records, though it was attempting to import 5 records (3 rejected due to "Error -1017: Cardid must be selected."; please see log file.

The two records were imported into the sample Clearwater company file after making the following modifications:-

1. Reduced the number of columns in the file to only those columns that contained actual data
  2. Changed customer
  3. Changed income account
  4. Saved file as a "Text (Tab-delimited).txt" file
  5. Most importantly changed the amount for invoice 14186 from "$1,681.96" to $1681.96 - Quotes and or commas are not permitted and would cause you grief

6. I used Notepad to edit the "Text (Tab-delimited).txt" file
  7. I don't know how you are preparing the import file and on what operating system but it may be the source of your grief.  Have a look at the attached import file "cmexportaug15 copy.txt" which is the one used to import the 2 invoices.
Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

Contributing Cover User dannyd
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Importing Serivce Sales into 2015.3

Hello Tony,

Thanks for the advice,

I did as you suggested, deleted unused colums and saved as a tab delimieted text file and it did work.

However I did get the same "Warning 108: Invalid tax code" message, which was a problem as the sales were imported with no tax code.

I discovered that the data that i was trying to import had "GST   " as the tax code (i.e. GST with 3 spaces after it), which obvioulsy you can't see on the screen. So after I fixed that, data imported smoothly.

Thanks again for your help

Danny

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post