Importing professional sales

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HVE
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing professional sales

Why isn't there an option to import csv in MYOB? Who made the decision to put that project in the too hard basket? Do you want me to fix it for you?

Does anyone have a resolution to null value fields for a tab delimited txt file?

I want to import a sales invoice with commas in the description field. What are the options?

2 REPLIES 2
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,107Kudos

903Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Importing professional sales

@HVE 

It's been a little while, but I do recall having the option to choose between tab delimited and comma delimited data format when importing, I had a quick read (and watch) of this article and that confirmed the data format selector options: Importing data

Although I do remember that anyone that has a .csv file it can't be seen by ARL by default, from memory you just need to change the File Type selector in the bottom-right of the File Browser to say "All Types" to be able to pick up the .csv file.

In terms of a null value, as I understand it; if there's a field that has no data it should be left empty in the import data. IIRC it will be considered an empty string. Or you can leave the field out altogether to avoid that scenario.

I am not up to speed on if there is a bug with null values on imports, did a quick search and couldn't see anything specific pop up. Is that what you're referring to?

And for having commas in the Description text in a comma-separated data import, you should be able to just surround the text with double quotations in the relevant description field to import it. Is this not working on your data imports?

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

HVE
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Importing professional sales

Out-effing-standing! CSV's should be the default option for Imorting field based data (in my opinion). The option to solve all my problems WAS an option all along, I just had to disregard all the current documentation and I'm good to go. 

The article you and I both read, advised: "you'll need to export the data you want from the program you’ve used to create the data and save it in a tab-delimited or comma-separated text file." 

But I thank you for providing information that should have been made readily available to anyone looking to import data.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post