Improving a customers average days to pay?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
BitCranky
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Improving a customers average days to pay?

I have numerous customers where MYOB says in their Card  5-6 digit numbers of average days to pay.  How can I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,045 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,045Posts

4,567Kudos

4,968Solutions

Re: Improving a customers average days to pay?

Hi @BitCranky

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

We are aware that certain cards can show a random six digit number as the average days to pay. Generally, this is caused by recording an empty invoice and adding an amount after it has been recorded. This situation has been passed onto the required team to investigate further for a future version.

In your case, you mentioned it was 5-6 digit number I wonder if you have got the same situation. The way to check and a potential workaround to the issue would be to run the Customer Payments [Closed Invoices] report (Reports>>Sales>>Customer). You will want to run that report just that one customer for an extended date range. This report will show the Days Until Paid for each invoice.

I would be first looking for any anomalies i.e. really large Days Until Paid. If there is an anomaly this could be causing that average days to paid value to be unusually high. If you have no anomalies it sounds like you are affected by that issue and you could look at the Total line on that Customer Payments [Closed Invoice] report which will show you the average days to pay (last value for that line). Although, it may be inaccurate due to the error and as such, I would be looking at sending that report through to Excel to use the average function.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User TheSeatShop
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

13Kudos

1Solutions

I have the same issue. One customer has an average days to pay of 38777 days, yet when I manually run the report it's actually 12 days as the average at the bottom of the report, and none of the figures look out of whack.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,045 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,045Posts

4,567Kudos

4,968Solutions

Hi @TheSeatShop

It does sound like you have been affected by the known issue and the card value is showing in the incorrect days to pay. As mentioned, generally this is caused by creating a zero dollar invoice and then adding an amount in after it has been recorded.

My recommendation, for clients that are affected and would like to find out the average days to pay would be to run the Customer Payments [Closed Invoices] report and manually calculate or send the report to Excel to get that average. This is a workaround until that potential situation can be addressed - at this stage, we don't have a release date on when that will be.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User bkahn
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am also experiencing this issue. One customer has 20K average days to pay (really it is 12) and another has 10K (really it is 17).

Is is frustrating because when I first encountered this and searched for a solution the response on this forum was "use the Customer Payments report as a workaround". That was 3 years ago in 2015.

What about if for those customers where this issue exists - just make that field "Average Days to Pay" = the same output as on the Customer Payments report. If that report can calculate it correctly despite the known issue, why can't the card field calculate it correctly?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,045 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,045Posts

4,567Kudos

4,968Solutions

Hi @bkahn

While I do agree with you having the average days to pay being pulled from the Customer Payments [Closed Invoices] report would be ideal, currently that card field will not pull that information. As a result, some clients may experience a large number for the average days to pay. At this stage, this is something that we are still investigating the root cause of and adding a correction of those incorrect cards. In saying that I have shared your comments with the team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User bkahn
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The workaround we have now put in place is to re-create the customer card. We renamed the customer card to include the words OLD and then recreated a new customer card with the customers name. That way whatever buggy issue is causing the incorrect average days to pay doesnt follow through to the new customer card. Obviously not ideal as you lose all the customer history which remains with the old buggy card.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User BEER
67 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

67Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve

Maybe have a program that can be run by an Administer to be able to reset these figures should an anomaly happen. MYOB seems to be very "buggy" with these sorts of things that we, as customers, rely on.

Having these features that are wrong is worse than not having the feature at all...

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post