In Tray: Prompt for closing when enlarge document

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User WCM
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

In Tray: Prompt for closing when enlarge document

I must say I like the intray function especially when working with a team remotely.

Couple of improvements - some may already have been mentioned:

1. When the documents are in the intray waiting to be attached, could the filename be shown below the document?  We save our invoices in pdf format separately as we were doing that before intray was available, and it's a backup.  The files shown are a bit too small to read unless you enlarge each one individually.  If you have scanned in multiple invoices from one supplier it can get a bit confusing when attaching.

2. Ability to attach more than one document to a MYOB invoice record would be good.

3. When enlarging a document in the invoice record, the X button at the top right hand corner closes MYOB completely, but for all windows users it's an automatic action to close the current window using that x button, not the whole application.  I've accidently shut MYOB down quite a few times when backing out of Enlarge when looking at a linked document.

"In Tray - suggestions for improvement after some use"

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,758 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,758Posts

1,527Kudos

184Solutions

Re: In Tray - suggestions for improvement after some use

Hi WCM I have voted and agree with all your points.  particularly number 3.   Also have read on my ideas in regards to this function and if you agree please vote.    I find currently it is three times slower to enter a invoice using the Smart Bills.

Also watch the date I found it reads the dates around the wrong ways at times, unless clients lock the periods this could be dangerous as invoices will be dated in previously reported BAS periods (ALARM BELLS RINGSmiley Surprised).

IN-TRAY-Option-to-Link-Existing-Bill-when-viewing-invoice

IN-TRAY-Option-to-toggle-between-Enlarged-Invoice and Purchase Screen

I do love the fact you have the electronic copy in the MYOB file for reference... I can see where this function is heading but it is not smart enough for me to sing it from the roof top yet.

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User ShellN
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Great suggestions

Espcially No 3 - constantly accidentally shutting myob down becasue of this... very unproductive

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Suziq
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

LINK TO EXISTING BILL

PLEASE IMPROVE THIS GREAT NEW FEATURE BY ALLOWING MORE THAN ONE SUPPLIER INVOICE TO BE LINKED TO A SINGLE BILL.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Rebecca12345
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

53Posts

43Kudos

1Solutions

yes i agree totally with all 3 points.  i'm glad it's not just me who keeps accidentally closing down myob!

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Owtcha
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Totally agree also with all 3 points.

I would add on an additional comments / suggested improvements:

- When I create a new bill via the intray, sometimes I cannot change back to the enlarged document unless I click specifically on the coloured top border where the AR logo & X buttons are.  I suggest making it so that I can change back to view the enlarged document by clicking *anywhere* on that document (currently, this only happens sometimes - not all the time).

- Ability to rotate the document would be helpful for viewing, as some documents / parts of documents are sometimes sideways and hard to read.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User GKCENG
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

IN TRAY - ATTACHING MULTIPLE INVOICES TO THE ONE BILL

It would be great if we could attach multiple invoices to one Bill.  This happens when backorders are raised and the items come in on a couple of invoices.  You can only attach the first invoice.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User MichelleAW
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

55Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Agree with all these points - particularly being able to attached more than one document to a purchase

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,980 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,980Posts

4,560Kudos

4,959Solutions

Re: In Tray - suggestions for improvement after some use - Status changed to: Already in product

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2016, a prompt will appear when attempting to close the Enlarge option for an In Tray Document.

Attachment.PNG

For the other points raised, we would recommend showing your support for the individual idea relating to that topic. I have included the links below:

In Tray: Adding document to purchases already with a document attached & In Tray: Show filename of document

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post