In Tray not working

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Robynlz
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

In Tray not working

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with "IN TRAY" in AccountRight 2020.1?

I am no longer able to 'drag and drop' or email bills to my in tray. The only way I seem to be able to do it, is to save the document to my desktop and then 'add documents' to enter that way. There seems to be no problem with the Capture App, that is still working as usual.

I have tried:

- uninstalling and reinstalling 2020.1 on computer

- close and restart myob multiple times

- restart computer

Nothing I have tried is working so far.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
AinsSC
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: In Tray not working

Hi Robynnlz

I have same prob... are you dragging from an attachment on an email?  If so, try saving the attachment and then drag from there... it worked for me?

CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
7,889 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,889Posts

654Kudos

1,233Solutions

Hi @Robynlz 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problem dragging and dropping documents from within an email to InTray. We've received similar reporting recently and our teams are looking into it.

As @AinsSC kindly mentioned, you can work around it by dragging the entire email into InTray, which uploads all attachments within the email. Dragging and dropping documents from local computer or emailing documents to InTray also works as usual. 

Our developers advised that there were no recent changes made to InTray's back end so this could be caused by an environmental change. Could you please let us know the following information so we can investigate it further?

- When did it last work for you?

- How are you viewing the email, is it via a web browser or an email client (e.g. Outlook)? 

- If using Outlook, what is the build number? It can be located via File > Office Account from the left panel > About Outlook. If you are using a different email client, please let us know the name and version as well.

- Which Windows are you using? And was there any recent updates installed? Here is where you can check the update history in Windows 10. A screenshot of the update history would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Robynlz
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for replying @CloverQ 

The workaround by @AinsSC does work thank you. However I can still only 'drag and drop' emails, if I am adding a document from my PC I must use the 'add documents' button, the drag feature doesn't work.

In answer to your questions:

-I first noticed the 'drag and drop' feature not working only a few days before 20.1 was released so I perhaps thought it was a bug that might fix itself in the update.

- I use Microsoft 365 Outlook as my mail client (Build 12624.20382)and the bills are always PDF.

- I use Windows 10, update history screenshots attached.

Thanks for your assistance

Capture - 1.PNG
Capture - 2.PNG
Capture - 3.PNG
Capture - 4.PNG
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,303 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,303Posts

5,730Kudos

6,316Solutions

Hi @Robynlz 

Thank you for confirming that information.

We've passed that information onto the required team who are looking into that situation further to investigate the root cause and ultimately a solution (no timeframe as of yet for that).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

AinsSC
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Just further to this thread - I am also running office 365 windows 10.  dragging the whole email into the in tray is a little painful as all logos etc load into the in tray as well as the pdf invoice... so it's not ideal.  If development team can have a look at this please as it had definitely changed from what we used to be able to do.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post