Incorrect Date entered when changing an Order from Previous Financial year to an Invoice in AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LynO1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect Date entered when changing an Order from Previous Financial year to an Invoice in AccountRight

Order created 23/12/2021 for $3722.64 Incl GST, deposit receipted of $1000 on 23/12/2021.  Financial year ended 31/3/2022.   Order was Invoiced on what shd of been 20/5/2022, but was incorrectly dated as 20/5/2055.  I have altered the date on the Invoice (the Invoice shows the correct balance owing as $2722.64 but the SJ for the transfer of Customer Deposit of $1000  (Debit) and the SJ for Accounts Receivable $1000 is still dated as 20/5/2055, which is locked and cannot be altered.      The Sales Report for Accounts Receivable when printed for 13/6/2022 shows the Client owes the outstanding balance of $2722.64 - which is correct.   But if I do a Sales Reconciliation Summary Report it shows the Client owes $3722.64., which will be the case until 20/5/2055.   If I delete the receipt and the invoice it will mean I would have to go back into last year Financial Reports and recreate the Order and the Receipt. But that means as we Reconcile the Bank account it was deposited into daily, to Undo Bank Reconcilations until the 31 March 2022 - would involve approx 2 and half months of Undo Reconciliations.  Is there another option to fix this problem.  I have tried ring MYOB Support to no avail. Please I would appreciate help to fix this problem.  Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,857 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,857Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Re: Incorrect Date entered when changing an Order from Previous Financial year to an Invoice in AccountRight

Hi Lyn01, this help topic on customer deposits may be of some help, see the section on reversals.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

LynO1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Incorrect Date entered when changing an Order from Previous Financial year to an Invoice in AccountRight

Hi Mike.   My problem is that it was in the last financial year which I have locked but not finished yet. I can unlock and then delete Receipt and Invoice in this financial year and recreate order and receipt in last financial year.  But that will effect my statement balance for end of that financial year 31/3/22.    In order for that balance to be correct I would need to unreconcile all the bank statements that I have done since then - we reconcile daily so there is alot since 31 March 2022.   My worry here is that there's a warning that they could go wrong each time you unreconcile.    Is there a quick and easier way of doing this.  Or just do a backup and go for it.  Cheers Lyn

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post