Incorrect Inventory Current Value

JoCampbell
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect Inventory Current Value

I can't get my inventory to balance as the opening Current Value is incorrect.  As you can see by the attached file, the Current Value should be $489.32, not $1898.29.

Inventory Current Value.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
478 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

478Posts

71Kudos

65Solutions

Re: Incorrect Inventory Current Value

Hi @JoCampbell 

I'd start by running the Company Data Auditor and checking for exceptions in Compare item values with inventory account.  This support note, Receivables, Payables or Inventory out of balance, has possible causes for an out of balance and how to fix them.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JoCampbell
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I ran the Company Data Auditor but it only showed me accountant EOY adjustment journals going back to 2014/2015.  We’ve only started using the Inventory system in MYOB this year and when I ran the Inventory Value Reconciliation report as at 30/9/19 it was only out by 0.01c.  Now it’s out by $1408.97 which is the difference in the GAP65 Current Value amount.

MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
478 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

478Posts

71Kudos

65Solutions

Hi @JoCampbell 

There's a couple of reports to run to check for transactions and adjustments that may have caused the incorrect value. Try running the Items Register (detail) for september. Also run the Journal Security Audit (Accounts tab>>Security and Audit) and filter by Inventory. The Audit report will show every modification to the transaction journal and may help narrow down what caused this.

You can provide screenshots by private message if you'd like me to have a look at them.

Please let me know how you go

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post