Incorrect bank details entered

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kaz11
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Incorrect bank details entered

Hi, I paid an invoice and entered the incorrect bank details and the bank returned the money. This was paid off the invoice. I have since re paid the invoice to the correct bank details. I now have the payment that was returned from the bank and the repayment of the invoice sititng in my bank feeds. How do i fix this in MYOB? Thankyou 

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Incorrect bank details entered

Hi @Kaz11 

The general process for this situation would be as follows:

1. Record the (incorrect) payment as per normal - if you haven't already done so.
  2. Navigate to Setup>>Preferences>>Security and enable "Transactions Can't be Changed, They Must be Reversed".
  3. Once that has been enabled, open the initial payment transaction that was recorded incorrectly. 
  4. Go to Edit>>Reverse payment
  5. Record the reversal
  6. Redo the payment correctly.

What the above process will do is show the initial payment transaction as a withdrawal from the bank account, a deposit for the transaction for that reversal and then another withdrawal from the bank account for the correct transaction.

Note: If electronic payment transactions have been used, the process will still be the same. You just want to ensure that you do reverse the Pay Bills transaction inside that electronic payment. Tick and process that transaction through the Prepare Electronic Payments window before redoing that payment.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post