International Transaction Fees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JAW1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

International Transaction Fees

Hi,

my question was asked several years ago but did not receive any answers so I will repost the original question

When paying for an item  by credit card from an overseas supplier, the purchase along with a separate small charge labelled "international transaction fee"  appears on the credit card statement.

Should the intnl fee be added to the purchase price or should  the intnl fee be expensed immediately as a bank charge? Or is either approach acceptable?

Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: International Transaction Fees

Hi @JAW1 

Generally, you can record a fee or additional amount to purchase by adding an extra line to the transaction for the required amount. For example:

image.PNG

This will increase the amount that you do need to pay for that transaction.  This approach will work if there is only one amount in your credit card statement ( initial charge + international transaction fees). If your credit card statement has these two charges as separate lines, it will be best to create a spend money transaction separately for the international fees. This will make the process of reconciliation easy.

That said, both these methods should work fine and you can choose either.  Let us know if you have additional questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JAW1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: International Transaction Fees

Thanks for your assistance..and confirmation that either  method are correct. i will do as you suggested to make the reconciliations easier

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post