Invalid Email Address warning when trying to email invoices from MYOB Accountright Premier 2018.4.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User BenchCBS
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Invalid Email Address warning when trying to email invoices from MYOB Accountright Premier 2018.4.1

Hi

I have only recently changed our settings to email through MYOB instead of Outlook. Since I changed the settings, I have been unable to send emails to a particular client who has an apostrophe in her name. MYOB had no issues sending this to Outlook. This client has three recipients listed in their email field on MYOB. I have been using MYOB for over 20 years in various roles, and this is the first time I have experienced this.

I read back in the files and could see complaints from a couple of years ago where similar was ocurring. 

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,018Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Invalid Email Address warning when trying to email invoices from MYOB Accountright Premier 2018.4.1

Hi @BenchCBS 

This sounds related to another post: Invalid Email address

Currently AccountRight will throw an "Invalid Email Address" message if there are any special characters in the Email Address fields. I've reported this to the development teams to fix in a future release.

Currently the only workaround to send them an email is to do so outside of MYOB. I do apologise for the frustrations this causes.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Cover User BenchCBS
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invalid Email Address warning when trying to email invoices from MYOB Accountright Premier 2018.4.1

Thank you Hayden.

I did see that discussion, but because it was a while ago I had hoped there was a fix.

I'll just send those invoices outside of MYOB until it can be fixed.

Cheers

Chris

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post