Contributing Cover User
NateInNZ
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Invalid Email Format

Hello,

Trying to add a new cusotmer to my database so I can invoice them. They have an unusual email address (but one that actually works as we already email each other). When I try to add her contact details I get an "Invalid Email Format" message.  Help please :-)

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
23,538 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

23538Posts

2664Kudos

3369Solutions

Re: Invalid Email Format

Hi @NateInNZ

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

We are aware that certain non-alpha numeric characters, such as ampersands and apostrophes, in an email address will cause an Invalid Email address in AccountRight 2017. This is something that we have passed across to the required team for further investigation for a future update.

At this stage, one of the following workarounds could potentially be used:

• See if the recipient does have a different email address that could be used to email them 
  • Rather than select to email the transactions to that email address in the AccountRight software. obtain a PDF of the transaction (either through to Send to >>Disk or printing to a PDFprinter) and then manually attach to an email to the email address (outside of the AccountRight program).

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User NateInNZ
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
NateInNZ
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Helo Steven

Thanks for the reply. this customers email addres does not contain any unusual characters, &s etc... it is just their first name @ a four letter word, then dot net... kind of like (and this is made up)..  Nate@asdf.net

Does that make any difference? 

Kind regards and thanks for your help

Nate

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
23,538 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

23538Posts

2664Kudos

3369Solutions

Hi @NateInNZ

I did know that we encountered some problems with domain names being three or more characters back in earlier versions this was addressed in AccountRight 2016.3.

In testing that dummy email address you have provided - Nate@asdf.net I have been able to enter that email address successfully on the customer's card and in the To Be Emailed tab of the Print/Email Invoices option. So we can investigate further are you able to indicate the following information:

• Are you copying the address or manually typing in the email address?
  • Where exactly is it showing the Invalid email address?
  • How are you emailing? i.e. online using AccountRight Live or using Outlook?
  • As a test, does replace the .net with .com allow for it to be validated successfully?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post