Invalid Operation Exception

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
bantic01
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Invalid Operation Exception

Hi all

Just upgraded company file to AR 2018.4 and when trying to expand the dates on the purchase register, say to 01/12/2018 to 03/01/2018 it immediately produces a window saying, 'something has gone wrong and MYOB need to close'

Inspection of the error log show the code; System.InvalidOperationException

and the message; The null value cannot be assigned to a member with type System.Decimal which is a non-nullable value type.

I have been able to change the dates in the sales register and everywhere else.

If a pick a particular supplier and expand the dates it shows the invocies for that supplier, just not when it is showing all suppliers.

Kind regards

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,195 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,195Posts

1,025Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Invalid Operation Exception

Hi @bantic01

I have seen this error before, this is caused by a Null Value where one should not be in the database. We do have a script that can fix this if your file is online.

If your company file is Online:

I can run the script for you, please post:

• The last 4 digits of your Serial Number (Found in: Setup > Company Information)
  • The Company File ID (Found in: Help > About MYOB AccountRight)

If your company file is Offline:

You would need to run the script over your file, there is a hotfix tool that can be used. Here are the instructions for downloading and using it:

Task 1 - Back up your Company File:

You should always create a backup of your company file before completing any maintenance tasks. For instructions, see: Back up your company file

Task 2 - Use the repair tool:

Before using this tool, make sure you have backed up your company file as described in the previous task.

Complete these steps on the computer where the company file is stored, or has been checked out to:

1. Close AccountRight.
  2. Right-click the following link and choose Save Target As (or Save Link As) and save the file to your Desktop: http://myob.com/images/support_notes/Hotfix-Upgradetransactions.zip
  3. Double-click the downloaded zip file to display its contents (a single folder called AccountRight Hotfix).
  4. Click and drag (or extract) the AccountRight Hotfix folder to your Desktop.
    temp.png
  5. Double-click the AccountRight Hotfix folder on your Desktop to display its contents (2 files). 
  6. Double-click the file named AccountRight_Hotfix.exe. The MYOB Data Utility window appears. 
  7. Click Browse and locate your company file in the My AccountRight Files folder here:

PC Edition:
    C:\Users\<user.name>\My Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files (where is the name of the person currently logged into Windows)

OR

Server Edition:
    C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight files

8. Click your company file then click Open.
  9. On the MYOB Data Utility window, select the option I have a backup of this datafile, then click Apply
  10. A successful message should appear. Click Ok.

This should then correct the issue, please note you may need to close and re-open the software in order to see the changes.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
bantic01
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invalid Operation Exception

Thanks Hayden

my file is offline.

Contacted MYOB and Alex was able to take my file and run the necessary script to resolve the issue as you described.

Kind regards

Chris

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post