Inventory: Create items based from a purchase

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User Emma_P
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

91Kudos

0Solutions

Inventory: Create items based from a purchase

When you put in an invoice - to be paid you itemise the items you have purchased.  This information is then used to create an inventory for your company, that you can then use for stocktake.  So, it is continually updated over the course of the year & you enter the information once.  This would be helpful in a restaurant situation anyhow.

"Creating of Inventory based on items entered as "purchase""

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Trusted Partner Aaronp
96 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

96Posts

35Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Creating of Inventory based on items entered as "purchase"

Hi Emma_P,

I believe if you enter the supplier invoice as an "item" invoice which is an option in the list when you click the "layout" button, type the qty of the item, tab across to item number, type a unique but meaningful item number, a choose from list will appear, if you click new or add (can't remember exact terminology right now), you can set the item up for future use, including an "i inventory this item" tick box.

I hope that helps,

Regards,

Aaron.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want what's best for Australia, for our future. I hope that Logic and Commonsense prevail, ALWAYS.

Follow me on twitter: @aaronjparsons
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,545 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,545Posts

3,291Kudos

718Solutions

In the restaurant situation you need to use an addon to cope with the other side of inventory or you have the situation where you literally have to add the ingredients of every meal to a sales invoice for the day/week.

There are addon's which do this - they use standard amounts and pick up the amounts from the POS software.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Highlighted
corina44
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

use item as your selected invoice, add NEW item and code it with your own personilsed codes, then you will not have to keep entering them for instance... OR you can use other campanys codes and names

code   - name of product

cab01 - cabbage

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,149 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,149Posts

4,579Kudos

4,980Solutions

Re: Inventory: Create items based from a purchase - Status changed to: Already in product

Hi Everyone

AccountRight allows for the user to create an item from a purchase using the New.. button at the bottom of the select item list. This will bring up the Item Information window so you can create the item. For an item to be Inventoried you would need to select the I Inventory this Item.

For more information on creating an item please see Help Article: Creating items

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post