Inventory Custom Report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jayemee
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory Custom Report

We use a perpetual inventory system and I am trying to customise a report.  I was wondering if anyone can help me get the correct information.

In Reports - Analyse Inventory (Summary) it shows me the details for Inventory including 

• On Hand
  • Committed
  • On Order and
  • Available

I would also like it to show me the "Minimum Level for Restocking" number.  This is the alert amount I enter into the Auto-Build area of the item.

The Analyse Inventory (summary) only shows me how much stock of a particular item needs to be packed  EG:  CTS20 on hand = 50 bags, committed = 55 bags, 0 on order and therefore -5 Available, therefore it shows you need to pack 5 bags to complete the orders.... But we need a minimum level packed to 70 at the beginning of each week.  So I need to report to show me that 75 bags need to be packed this week to bring the level back up to 70... (does that make sense..?).  (this is obviously using simple numbers to make sense).

On a side note, I don't really see where the 'minimum level for restocking alert" comes in..  Even if you go to the To-Do List and stock alerts - it doesn't tell you that minimum number ???

Would love some help in this area!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Inventory Custom Report

Hi @jayemee 

The Minimum Level for Restocking Alert information is pulled from the Item's Buying Details tab (Inventory>>Item Lists>>Choose the required item>>Select the Buying Details tab>>Minimum Level for Restocking Alert).

In terms of getting that Minimum Level for Restocking Alert information on a report, it will not appear on the Analyse Inventory [Summary] or [Detial] report. The value is set to be a non-reportable field. You could, however, added it to the Item List window and if necessary copy out that list information to combine with that Analyse Inventory report in Excel.

To add that field to the Item List Window:

1. Go to Inventory>>Item Lists
  2. Right-click on the column headers i.e. the word "Name"
  3. Choose Column Chooser from the list
  4. Drag the Min. Reorder Quant. from the list into the required position

By doing this it will add that information to the Item List window so you can sort, filter, search... using that information. You could also right-click on the table and select Copy List to Clipboard. This will copy what is seen on screen to the Windows Clipboard so you can paste that information into Excel or a similar application.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

jayemee
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

That is very helpful!!!! - now if only it could add "committed" to that list and it would be perfect.  I had no idea you could do what you have shown me.  

Thank You again...

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @jayemee 

The committed column is not able available column for the Item List window, only the Only Hand one will show the item quantities. You would need to review the individual item for that record or run the Analyse Inventory report for that committed numbers.

Note: You can also do a similar thing to the Card Lists window i.e. add different columns, advanced searching, copying to clipboard...

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post