Inventory Item purchase and sales in AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User carnivaly
15 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory Item purchase and sales in AccountRight

In AccountRight, if I want to use item form to invoice customer, I have to get a supplier invoice to make a purchase before I can sale.

Our process is invoice the customer, after the customer paid, we order the stock from the supplier.

Is there anyway in MYOB that allows me to, for instance, do a order (just to reminde me how many units I need to order), without having to click receive them to sale.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,397 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,397Posts

2,174Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Inventory Item purchase and sales in AccountRight

@carnivaly

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

When you setup the Linked Accounts for Purchases there is a tick box for " I can receive items without a supplier bill". Make sure you have this ticked and an asset account nominated.

Now when a order comes in from the customer in Sales create a Sales Order and in Purchases create a Purchase Order.

When the items arrive, if you want to you can use Receive Items, you don't need a suppliers bill to do this.

You convert the sales order to an invoice and invoice the customer and receive payment.

Then convert the Purchase order to a bill and pay the bill for the supplier.

That way the Purchase Order will be available from when the order first came in up to when you pay the supplier.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post