Inventory Locations in Time Billing Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
pullinghair13
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory Locations in Time Billing Invoices

Hi,

I have recently started using locations for my inventory and am now doing my first 'Time Billing' invoice since turning the function on. When I go to record the invoice I get the error message "One or more line items of this transaction do not have a location assigned". The problem is there is no column to select the location. Has anyone else had this problem/found a solution?

Location Error.JPG
1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Inventory Locations in Time Billing Invoices

Hi @pullinghair13 

Locations can be used to record item layout sales and purchases, adjust inventory and move item transactions.  Even though users can enable items to be included on time billing invoices, the layout of the Enter Sales window would not allow the sale of those items through locations.

The only workaround to allow those items to be sold on time billing invoices would be to enable a default location for selling that item. This is done in Inventory>>Item List>>Choose the Item>>Locations tab - Default Ship/Sell/Auto-Build From Location. As a default location is added to those records it will pick up the location behind the scenes and use that for the associated transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post