Inventory Management - Best Practice - In MYOB AR or Add On Module?? Whats the best solution??

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nduro
Experienced User
62 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

62Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory Management - Best Practice - In MYOB AR or Add On Module?? Whats the best solution??

Hi MYOB Community,

We have been using V19 Classic and now looking at making the move to AR2020. We have never used the Inventory / Purchasing functions in MYOB except for ITEMS LIST > Item Numbers with details of Sell Price and Descriptions for entering products in Sales etc.

We have 2550 items entered in MYOB. Just standard Single Items.

I now want to look at having LIVE STOCK / STOCK ON HAND and COST data, but I believe to do this we need to Rebuild our Items some how. Can anyone explain what is involved to do this?

If I try to turn on 'I INVENTORY This Item' it will not let me, it says you already of Sales or Purchases on file for this item? Or do I need to turn on 'I BUY This Item'?

Is it recommended to use an Add On Module 3rd Party setup or MYOB itself?

Thanks,

Nathan

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Inventory Management - Best Practice - In MYOB AR or Add On Module?? Whats the best solution??

Hi @nduro 

If you’ve previously sold or purchased an item in AccountRight and didn’t have “I Inventory this Item” selected, its not possible to then select that option. Instead if you wanted to have that option selected, you would need to create a new inventory item for that item.

To avoid confusion I’d recommend marking the old version of the item as inactive, and adding “ZZZ” to the start of the item number and item name as a secondary indication its an inactive item. This will free up the item number so you can continue to use the same item number.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

nduro
Experienced User
62 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

62Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Inventory Management - Best Practice - In MYOB AR or Add On Module?? Whats the best solution??

@Neil_M 

Thanks for the comments and ideas. I will have a play with it and see how we go.

Regards,

Nathan

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post