Inventory Report & Excel Format

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tenille04
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory Report & Excel Format

Hi all. Two-part query here from a MYOB novice (but experienced in Excel):

1) I'm looking for a 12 month inventory report to show purchase/sale quantities so I can ringfence Top 100 for further analysis & review. I'm currently using Item Transactions & have selected Show All on the available fields so I can determine which fields are useful. Is there a different report that would be better suited to my task?

2) Whether I select Export Excel or Export TSV option, when I open the file in Excel the format puts the part number & description above the transactions followed by a total debit/credit line. I would like to exclude the total line & need the part number & description in a separate column beside each transactions so I can filter & pivot more readily. There must be a way....surely??

In the pic, white fields show how it is, yes columns & data is what I'd like...

tempsnip.png

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Inventory Report & Excel Format

Hi @Tenille04 

I would be looking at running the Item Register [Detial] report may be better suited to your needs. This would show individual transactions on a per-line basis and while also providing you with an overall quantity changed. Alternative reports would be the Sales [Item Summary] or Sales [Item Detail], a similar situation with the purchase reports as well.

In terms of exporting that report out, the export of the report will look similar to the way it does on-screen with the item number and name appearing a separate line. If you are needing to update that item information into a separate column it would be a manual process once the data has been exported.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Tenille04
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Inventory Report & Excel Format

Many thanks Steven - appreciate you taking the time & am now working through some Excel jiggery-pokery to get a final workable output. Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post