Inventory purchase price history report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
angela11
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory purchase price history report

Hi,

Is there a report that can be run in AccountRight that provides a unit price history for purchases of a particular item over time?

In my case, I would like to track the price paid for raw materials over time.

I have produced my own report by exporting the Item Register Detail into excel, isolating the "purchases" & inserting another column to calculate the unit purchase price & then creating a chart to track the pricing trends.

It would be handy to have a report in MYOB that can do this.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Inventory purchase price history report

Hi @angela11 

There is no report per say that would store that information as it would only report the current information of the item setup. However, the way I would do it would be to run the Purchases [Item Detail] report.

The Purchases [Item Detial] report is designed to the purchases record for that company file based on an item basis. One of the fields that can be added to that report is the Price, this would be the price of that item that was used on that transaction.  This report can be run via Reports>>Purchases>>Item>>Purchases [Item Detail]. Once that report has been run you can go to Insert/Modify>>Show Hide>>Navigate to Price (or Inc-Tax Price) and select Show. This will add the price of the items used on those purchases onto the report so you can see the change of time.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

angela11
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Inventory purchase price history report

Thank you Steve, that resolves my issue.

Much appreciated.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post