MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Inventory reports do not show correct quantity on hand

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User Glen_A
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Glen_A
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Inventory reports do not show correct quantity on hand

Hi,

The inventory onhand qty screen and inventory items registry reports dont show the correct closing balance for items that had a qty balance as at 1/1/10. report total is correct if we run a report for period 2/1/15 to current but not if run for dates 1/1/15 to current.

see enclosed reports and screen dumps

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4364Solutions

Re: Inventory reports do not show correct quantity on hand

Hi @Glen_A

Looking at the screenshots what is is looking like is that there are 2 things that could have happened.

One option is that you have recorded a transaction into the thirteen period. This by default would not appear in the Item Register screen until you ran it for a date outside the period. I would suggest running that Item Register for the financial year into a next financial year. For example say your financial year is 01/07/2014 to 30/06/2015, run the date period of 01/07/2014 - 01/07/2015 (alternatively as it does look like run it for 01/01/2015 - 01/01/2016 this would be the dates required if you run off a calendar year). Do look for any transactions with a date that has a star to it i.e. *01/01/2015. This would be the thirteen period transaction that is causing the Item's value to be displayed incorrectly.

Option two is that there is a corruption in the data file. I would first go to File>>Verify Company file. This will run through a process to check the company file for errors and try to correct those errors. While you are at it you could optimise the file. To do this go to FIle>>Optimise company file. This is going to try to repair any errors it does find. Do make sure that you have a backup of the file before completing the above tasks. If you do get an error message during the process do let us know we would be happy to look further into that for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Glen_A
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Our financial year period is in fcat 1/1/15 to 31/12/15 so there are no 13 period adjustments.

I have run alreadt run the File>>Verify Company file. and optimise but will do so again,

The problems seems to be if there was a qty on hand for an item prior to 1/1/2010.

The error also accurs when running reports.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4364Solutions

Hi @Glen_A

Having a financial year of 01/01/201x - 31/12/201x wouldn't rule of you having a transactions in the thirteen period. you can record thirteen period transactions on any date by using the asterisk at the start of the date. So do make sure that you don't have a transaction recorded in thirteen periods by running the Item Register for date that runs into the next financial year, in your case this would be a date range of 01/01/2015 - 30/01/2016 for example.

When you did run the verification and optimise did any messages appear? Messages like "Test x of xx", Invalid record" or similar.

In regards to it being back in 2010, are you able to give more information? As according to the screenshots you do have an inconsistency that appears to be related to the 01/01/2015. In particular a screenshot of the Item Register window showing a date of 15/12/2015 onwards would be interesting to have a look at

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Glen_A
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have enclosed some Item register reports for a range of dates. The qty that is causing the out of balance of 43 ( 2042 less 1999) are the total of the transactions for the period 10/09/2009 to 24/12/2009. 

I have no dates with an * that would be in a thirthith period.

When I ran the verify and optimise programs I got the message " No Errors Found"

The onhand qty reports as 1999 for all date ranges of 01/01/2015 and prior BUT is correct at 2042 for all dates run from a start date of 02/01/2015.

If I run the report with a start date of 01/01/2010 I get Closing onhand of 1999

If I run the report with a start date of 01/01/2009 I get Closing onhand of 2042

If I run the report with a start date of 01/01/2008 I get Closing onhand of 2042

If I run the report with a start date of 01/01/2007 I get message on hand qty not available for pre purge period.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4364Solutions

Hi @Glen_A

If possible are you able to send those attachments as a Excel documents rather than PDFs. To create an Excel document off them open AccountRight, rerun the reports and select Send to>>Excel. This will generate the Report in Excel in which you can save and then attach to the MYOB Community Forum. 

If you do have Excel installed, Tab-delimited would work as well it would generate a text file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Glen_A
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Copy of requested excel reports.

I have included an item register detail from 1/1/2010 which shows an openingf balance of nill which should be 43 and a closing balance of 1999 which should be 2042.

Also I have included an item register detail from 1/1/2000 and have added the columns onhand and value and calculated what the correct values should be.

Regards

Glen Ashby

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4364Solutions

Hi @Glen_A

Thank you for providing a copy of the reports in Excel, it makes the information a little more easier to handle.

Based on the information I have seen we can get the file in for an investigate and possible repair. I have sent you a private message on the MYOB Community Forum with more information into that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post