Invoice Delivery Status

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Susan_J
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Invoice Delivery Status

When we are doing our monthly sales invoicing runs we are using excel spreadsheets and macros to create a text document which is what is used to import the information into MYOB.

We have all the card files set up with the delivery status of "to be emailed" yet when we import the data it creates all the new invoices with "to be printed" delivery status.

How can we fix this without having to go into each invoice (approx 400 each month) and manually amending every delivery status?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,321 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,321Posts

1,893Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice Delivery Status

Hi @Susan_J, your import file should include a column for delivery method - in the old program (v19) it used to be "P" for printed and "E" for email. Do you have such a column? 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

MYOB Staff Post Matyas_K
701 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
MYOB Staff Post

701Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @Susan_J,

I'd like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum.  I hope you find it a valuable resource.

As all the information relating to the transaction that you are importing is pulled from the import file rather than from the card like it would be if the transaction was being recorded manually.  You will need to modify the value in one of the columns of the file to change the delivery status.  If you open the import file you should have a column for Delivery Status with one of the following letters in it:

P = To be Printed

E = To be Emailed

B = To be Both Printed and Emailed

A = Already Printed or Sent

Update the column with the appropriate letter to alter the delivery status used.

I hope that this helps you, feel free to post again should you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Matyas

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User Evrose
6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Good afternoon,

Is MYOB planning to implement the feature for Invoice Delivery Status to be pulled from the Card rather than from the file at some stage in the future? Excel seem to be changing some of the other data in the import filel like removing leading 0s in the invoice numbers etc. So it would be really nice if Invoice Delivery Status could be pulled from the Card if Invoice Delivery Status column of the import file is absent/blank.

MYOB Staff Post Matyas_K
701 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
MYOB Staff Post

701Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @Evrose,

I'd like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum.  I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I cannot confirm that pulling from the card files for invoice delivery is intended to be implemented in a later release of AccountRight.  As mentioned before, the imported transactions being recorded match to the information in your import file.  If you believe that recording the default invoice delivery status from the customer card if one has been set would greatly benefit your business I recommend raising a suggestion on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.  The MYOB product development team uses the Idea Exchange to gauge demand for new features to be added to the development road map..

Please feel free to post again as we are always happy to help.

Regards,
Matyas

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post