Steve_Bilpin
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Invoice Due Date required to be linked to Promised Date

Hi,

My Customers book with us up to two years in advance for actually paying the final Invoice.  We use the Promised Date field as the date that their Wedding is with us and their final payment is due 1 month prior to this date.

Is there a way to use the Promised Date field as the date that Customer payment Terms/Overdue etc are geared to ?  If not, what would be the best way to configure Customer Terms for our scenario whereby there can be a long period between the original Invoice date and the Date that final payment is required?

Kind regards,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,052 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2052Posts

1991Kudos

448Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Invoice Due Date required to be linked to Promised Date

@Steve_Bilpin 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

As far as I know there is no way to link the Promised date to the Terms.

The only thing to do would be to set the Terms to a Given number of days and work out how many days to when the payment is due and enter that in the due date in the terms on their card for that client.

customer terms.PNG

As you can see it does allow for over a year in days, you can have up to 999 days.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Super Partner Jennifer_Kelly
425 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner

425Posts

329Kudos

34Solutions

Hi @Steve_Bilpin 

What a clever use of the Promised field and great way to keep track of the Actual Wedding day for each customer!

As @GDay53 has explained you are able to enter in the exact number of days into the due date - you just have to calculate them each time.

Some of the MYOB Add-on Solutions might also help here.

As an example our Business Intelligence solution BI4Cloud allows you to include the Promised data as part of your Aged Debtors report.  So you can Sort invoices based on Promised date for example to see which ones are coming due in the next month. This may help you to save time?

Tell me do you also use Jobs in MYOB? 

If you set up a Job card for each wedding you could:

• Link the Job to the Customer
  • Set up Start & End dates on the Job card - You could set the Start date as 1 month before the wedding say and the End date on the Wedding day 
  • Track your invoices to the customer and also any expenses and purchases related to that wedding to the job
  • See the  section on Start & End dates - Super charge your Jobs reporting to Better Manage Project Type Jobs

Using BI4Cloud you can also do very flexible Jobs reporting including Filtering and reporting by Job Start and End dates. This would also help you to report on each Wedding in the Date order of the actual wedding and not on the date of the original invoice. Just a thought.

All details and a free trial of BI4cloud are on our website bi4cloud.com 

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
Valued User AccountingPower
179 Posts
Valued User
AccountingPower
Valued User

179Posts

49Kudos

10Solutions

HI Steve

Shoot me an email to matt@accountingpower.com.au and I will give you a report that will do this for you.

Matthew Jones
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post