Invoice email notification turn off

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,307 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,307Posts

131Kudos

17Solutions

Re: MYOB INVOICING

@PlumberQLD 

Agreed, fixing the hundreds of bugs in AccountRight would be a much better use of time rather than adding unwanted features.   Someone in management had to sign off on this change, which is mind-boggling.

eugeneg
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

13Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Invoice email notification turn off

Dear Steven_M

Thank you for your totally useless response. I process close to 1000 invoices per batch and I now need to acknowledge the bleeding obvious by clicking the button 1000 times per batch.  Add this to the other mouse clicks I am already forced to click and you have increased my workload significantly.

I would be interested in the thought process behind this useless feature;

Who requested it?

Who researched the effects it may have on the end user?

Who beta tested it?

Who signed off on it?

To me, and the others on the forum who have commented, it is an annoyance and I cannot understand who, in this busy world would welcome yet another step in the process

At the very least incorporate a "Do not prompt me again" check box which needs to be ticked on the first appearance of this annoying and useless prompt so those of us who know what they are doing can exonerate you of any responsibility for the sending of emails from your application - a bit like the really annoying prompt which appears on the display in your car when you first start it up - you know, the useless "Do not stare at this screen while driving" ay least there is a button to turn that off for the duration of the journey.

melbdesk
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

I would just like to add my name to the list of people that want this removed, it is as everyone has stated an annoying waste of time and effort.

DanielleGW
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Please add me to this list too. Annoying and should definitely have a tick box to prevent future pop ups.

Alison_G
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

"previously there was no indication as to the outcome."

Isn't this what the sent box in Outlook is for? That's a pretty clear indication something was sent.

I agree with all other comments - this has to be one of the most unnecessary and inconvenient 'upgrades' to MYOB yet.

Is it going to do this with statements as well? It's a waste of all our valuable time and I really can't see the thought process behind such a genius move. Obviously nobody who had to send more than one invoice at a time, ever. 

Bit like the prompts when you open the file and you click on don't show me again but it keeps on showing again and again.

Please listen to your subscribers.

harper23
Trusted User
80 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

80Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Wow really need this pop up box removed asap, it is driving me mad having to click on it each time I email. Not a handy update.

TomGold
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Need to add a way to disable this popup ASAP. Maybe making it a less intrusive popup would be at least better if management really feels this needs to exist. 

DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

Can someone from MYOB please respond to your subscribers and let us know when you are planning on fixing this time wasting update you introduced?

I am calculating I am spending going to be spending at least an hour per month with the wait then click process.  End of year 12 hours.  What department do I send the invoice to for wasted time?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and feedback on this particular situation.

As has been indicated in an earlier comment, a change has occurred with the release of AccountRight 2023.1 to generate a message to the user to indicate that those messages have been delivered to Outlook successfully. 

While we do haven't any further information we can supply on this topic about the potential removal of that message, we are cataloging your comments and feedback on this change for our product teams to review.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

DMCH
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

At what point has anyone ever requested that you provide this information to users!  Please remove or have as an option to remove by users ASAP, I am also wasting considerable time having to click ok on something that I already know and have known since I selected that option.  The reason we use our email to send the invoices etc is for exactly that purpose, so we can go to outlook and easily review if a document has emailed correctly!

PLEASE fix it ASAP.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post