Invoice email notification turn off

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DMCH
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice email notification turn off

You don't turn it on or off - that is why we are annoyed by it.

MYOB has two options for sending emails (see Setup, Preferences, Emailing) one uses your own Outlook system and the other uses MYOB's system.  When you select to use MYOB there is no way (that I know of) to check if an email has been sent, hence many of us choose to use the other option as we can go into our own Outlook account and see what has been sent and if the email address is wrong or bounces you will get a notification in Outlook saying that has occured.  The system worked perfectly well as it was.  Now we are receiving a pop up nofication with every email we send which is redundant and a time waster, anyone who sends multiple invoices a day (as I do) is pulling their hair out in despair.

I wonder if those using the MYOB system to send emails is getting the same pop up?  Probably not, maybe this is just another manipulation to see if we will move over to that option, reducing the work that software writers have to do to facilitate a good intergrated program (hmm conspiracy theory?).

Can we please have a response as to 'When are MYOB removing this or at least giving users the option of disabling the message' as posted a week ago now?

TrevorV
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

When is MYOB going to fix this. Pop ups that can not be turned off are unacceptable in this day and age.

Acushla
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Come on MYOB - do better, this has to be the most annoying feature to be implemented.....WHY??? wasn't needed

melbdesk
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

I would also like to know when this is going to be fixed, especially now that we are getting charged an extra $10.00 per month for the privilege

JoanEllen
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

42Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

The extra $10 is to keep their IT Dept gainfully employed.

User100
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Apparently if enough people suggest this feature be turned off in AccountRight Idea Exchange it will get prioritised or so we are told.

"Showing your support/submitting an idea helps aid in the prioritisation process for that idea (by assessing demand)." ( I saw this from Steven @ MYOB on another thread )

here is the link:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/AccountRightIdeas

ACCTSOHO
3 Posts
User

3Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Have just recevied the latest Update version this morning and it has been removed!  Finally, thank you!!

Appreciate all the feedback on this forum to get this changed with MYOB.  IT WORKED :-)

DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

My MYOB just updated this morning.  The message has been removed.

Thank you MYOB.  It is good to see that you have taken notice of your customers.

DMCH
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks MYOB Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?